Author Topic: Oswego is getting dirty!  (Read 12754 times)

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
Oswego is getting dirty!
« on: September 12, 2017, 08:11:22 AM »

Photos courtesy of Mike Johnson. The clay is going down in layers, and the weather seems to be cooperating this week, with temps in the low to mid 70's. And yes, they do plan to try for a PRIVATE practice session (which means the Gypsum cars of Larry Wight, Pat Ward, and Tim Sears). So far no rumbles of dissension with the way the clay is going down, so lets keep our fingers crossed!

ask0329

Re: Oswego is getting dirty!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 01:13:15 PM »
Ive also heard that Kingsley is taking care of the track this year from putting the clay down right on through the weekend. Whereas last year he started doing it and DIRT canned him after a day or two. Please correct me if I'm wrong. But if true and he is there through the weekend, look for it to be a great track.

On a side note, went to the SDS race at Airborne this year and what a fantastic job they did putting that clay down. No ruts, stayed tacky most the race and strangely no dust. Was wondering if they had any problems earlier on in the season with the clay?

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 01:41:28 PM »
To my knowledge, it is Eric and the Fink's. Harvey was there "supervising" on the first day. As long as they leave him alone, it should be okay. Last year they fought from day one (per the grapevine) about the wood chips. Then they brought in Gary Risch and he couldn't make it better, so he was gone, too.

The place is sold out for camping, which was reduced this year to make more handicap parking. North Bay Camping Resort has space and are extending their season to accommodate SDW. I HEARD that golf carts, 4-wheelers, and personal vehicles will not be allowed in the cold pit area like last year, and merchandise should be available in the pits without having to trek all the way over to the main gate. Hauler parking may be a little different this year, too.

harris9cat

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 02:04:45 PM »
Sunny your know$ of a day pit pass

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 02:37:00 PM »
A week long pass is $180, Tony, with infield access. You can find more info at:

www.superdirtweekonline.com

:edited for matt-86's pleasure:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 04:12:37 PM by Sunny »

matt_s86

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 03:24:06 PM »
Keep in mind you do not need a pit pass to enter the cold pit area.  A pit pass is only required for access to the infield.

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 07:39:09 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/northbay.campground

For anyone looking for camping (there is none, and no hotels close to Oswego), this place has availability for Dirt Week.

Michael Bonesky

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 12:35:17 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me much if the dirt stayed down at Oswego.

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 01:38:47 PM »

It has already been stated that Oswego would NOT be staying dirt. But it looks pretty good right now, huh?

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 10:19:16 AM »
Let me just mention that both Fulton and Weedsport have camping available, as well. Little bit of travel, and I am frankly concerned about general parking at the Oswego facility, but it is what it is.

As a reminder, they are running shuttles between the facility and some downtown parking locations. Many houses around the facility have sold parking in their lawns as well, so.....

ask0329

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2017, 12:38:34 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me much if the dirt stayed down at Oswego.

I have heard that rumor from a couple people. If true would lead me to believe, and crazy to think that the speedway made that much money of off SDW than they did running the normal asphalt season. Granted I would assume they would hold a few more dirt races during the summer. But still there must of been some sort of financial light bulb that went off if this is true.

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 01:08:24 PM »
Looks good.  Flag stand looks little too low.  And....it's official.  I can never have children.

Yours,
Debbie Downer 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 01:16:51 PM by Goggles Pisano »
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2017, 01:37:48 AM »
Debbie - have you considered adoption?

Indeed, the flag stand is lower than most. Der Flaggermeister was even a little worried about it last year.

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2017, 04:49:50 PM »
Debbie - have you considered adoption?

Indeed, the flag stand is lower than most. Der Flaggermeister was even a little worried about it last year.

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone would adopt me. 
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

itchypav

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2017, 07:41:08 PM »
Hmmm - the Rubbles have one adopted son already - maybe looking for a 2nd.