Author Topic: Dutch Hoag passes  (Read 11964 times)

Willie41

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch Hoag passes
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 09:45:57 PM »
My condolences to the Hoag family & friends. He will be sorely missed around the tracks now.

Claychamp123

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2016, 10:47:30 PM »
Godspeed Dutch. One of my hero's growing up! My condolences to Dean, Alex and the family. Pic is Smith photo from Fulton.

Civic Days

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 10:54:59 PM »
Dutch Hoag - What a man.  At one of Ford Easton's Cuba Lake Reunions I had a chance to shake Dutch's hand and tell him how many hours of pleasure he gave me and how much I admired him.  The tragic night Gary Cornelius' car flew up into the Grandstands Dutch was everywhere helping, consoling and aiding many of the victims.  Watching him in the Turner Bros. orange Chevy coupe was a thrill I will never forget.  At age 72 I have seen all of the great ones.  His passing brings tears to my eyes as an important part of my life experiences has moved on.  I will continue to be at mod races at Lancaster, Stafford, Spencer, Thompson and Holland, but a part of my heart will always be reserved for the Dutchman.  Thanks for the memories.

bakes

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2016, 11:57:08 PM »
 :'(

Dutch was a great driver - he would run people clean all day long.  His battles with Hayes, Diff, and Strosahl were legendary.  One of my childhood memories was not at Shangri-La but instead at the Tioga County fairgrounds, where we sat behind Dutch and his wife when Jeannie C Riley was playing.  Very nice person.  If a driver had a serious wreck, Dutch would be one of the first at the scene to try and help.  Not enough good words can be said about him; may he rest in peace.

Twistin

• Keep Em' Twistin'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2016, 01:04:54 AM »
Just a really sad day. So many things tie our family to Dutch and racing. From one of Dutch's first #96's was dad street car and that's what got our family into racing, was to go watch Dutch run dad's coupe on the track.  and Dad sat behind Dutch's wife Doris in school. so the world just kept getting smaller and smaller. And Dutch impacted my life as i started racing, and the number i ran was #7. And it won me a championship. Dutch was just amazing to watch behind the wheel of a mod. Starting on the Pole, From Bath New York, in the Genesee Beer sponsored number 7...... The Flyin Dutchman... DUTCH HOAG! God Speed Dutch. Forever my hero. Bobby B. 

herm

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2016, 08:01:03 AM »
We lost one of the best on and off the track.

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2016, 09:41:19 AM »
One of my favorite people. I have no words that would do this man justice.....

Prayers to Dean, Alex, and their families....................Kenny and Theresa
2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

roundman

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2016, 10:48:59 AM »
The first of The Dutchmans cars I remember.RIP my friend.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2016, 11:32:28 AM »
Gary Spaid sent us a nice write-up on Dutch...it's over in the Press Release section here. Thanks Gary.

RIP Dutch.

http://www.raceny.com/smf2/index.php?topic=47889.msg339500#msg339500

dennis

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2016, 07:32:07 PM »
Our hero's aren't supposed to pass and when they do the void his huge. He has been greatly missed on the race track
for many years and will be missed off the track for years to come. It was a honor to say I knew someone bigger than
life as Dutch. I am proud to be running the auto parts store Dutch started so many years ago, just proving his legacy
lives on. To Dean, Alex and the rest of your family thank you for sharing Dutch with us and god bless.

Dennis Loucks

Shamrock 3x

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2016, 08:41:56 AM »
What a sad day. Dutch was, and always will be my hero.  He was, IMO, the best ever as a driver, but as a man he was even better. He will be greatly missed. My condolences to Dean, Donna and their families. RIP, Dutch.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2016, 09:18:27 AM »
RIP, Dutch, and condolences to his family. It's sad to see it happen, but one by one, our "heroes" are passing. Recently, it was Bill Wimble, and now Dutch. I remember seeing both of them race at the Monroe County Fairgrounds, when I was a kid......

ridecar

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2016, 10:30:49 AM »
Dutch's family has asked me to pass along that if you can't make calling hours or services to please come and celebrate Dutch's life at the reception to be held at the Bath VFW following services Saturday.
"FROOT LOOPS"

koupeskoaches

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2016, 01:21:13 PM »

CONDOLENCES TO THE HOAG FAMILY
  ANOTHER ONE OF MY BOYHOOD HEROS, MANY GREAT MEMORIES, THROUGH THE YEARS
    RIP DUTCH--------------

KOUPESKOACHES

Ghost Of Ac Speedway

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2016, 03:18:22 PM »
    I never witnessed  him race but have heard stories RIP.