Author Topic: DAVE LONDON SUPER STOCK 50 MOVES TO OSWEGO SPEEDWAY  (Read 3892 times)

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
DAVE LONDON SUPER STOCK 50 MOVES TO OSWEGO SPEEDWAY
« on: December 22, 2018, 02:16:52 PM »
I just found out  that this annual race is leaving Spencer Speedway and will now be a part of Classic weekend on Friday night August 31st.

herm

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: DAVE LONDON SUPER STOCK 50 MOVES TO OSWEGO SPEEDWAY
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 04:24:08 PM »
I saw that too and that is the only thing about Spencer Speedway I have seen. Other tracks have all kinds of info out about next year. At any rate, not a good thing loosing their biggest race of the year.

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 08:07:04 AM »
I guess nobody cares that this great race will move to the freight train single file capitol of racing at Oswego,with their inflated prices and no cooler policy.I know it is the Holidays but does anyone care.I hope everyone that stopped supporting Spencer Speedway is proud.I mean no disrespect to Jody who has always done an awesome job with this race but Oswego is not the way to go in my opinion.Merry Christmas.

brandon29k

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 09:15:18 AM »
I think there’s a lot of people who care, but I also think this brings up a lot of questions that people don’t have answers to. I think it’s great for the NYSS Series and I certainly hope it works out for them. They’ve figured out how to pull cars in to asphalt tracks when others have struggled and I’m sure going to a track like Oswego with all its history isn’t going to hurt the division or the race.
Brandon Allen
#89 Super Six at Spencer Speedway

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 09:27:18 AM »
Definitely a step in the right direction in being a part of the biggest weekend in asphalt racing in NYS..congrats Gaterboy,.
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

cwm

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 09:34:18 AM »
  Merry Christmas everyone. What gear do we need in a SS to hit about 7200 at Oswego? Have you NYSS guys made a decision on a tire for 2019?

Beersy26

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 09:40:06 AM »
I guess nobody cares that this great race will move to the freight train single file capitol of racing at Oswego,with their inflated prices and no cooler policy.I know it is the Holidays but does anyone care.I hope everyone that stopped supporting Spencer Speedway is proud.I mean no disrespect to Jody who has always done an awesome job with this race but Oswego is not the way to go in my opinion.Merry Christmas.

BOZO.   I cant believe you are blaming the fans. I am pretty sure most fans stopped supporting the owner not the track.   And boy did I have to hold back on my typing so I didnt get thrown off this site!!!!!

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 02:54:16 PM »
I knew O Neil would love it seeing as he is Oswego Speedways unpaid PR man.I hear him gushing about the place every week on here.I am still undecided if I will attend this fiasco.The fact is you will not see the quality of racing that you saw at Spencer.Single file =boring racing.

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 04:03:14 PM »
Hey Dennis...Spencers has died a slow death due to management.Yes things at Oswego are going well, lots of cars,fans and owners who spend money to make money..sorry you can’t bring your own cooler,you may have to buy at the track if your not to cheap lmao..

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2018, 06:14:06 AM »
I don't see how you can make any money when you race a $100,000 Supermodified and if you win you get $2,500.The only one making any money is Oswego Speedway.

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2018, 12:36:11 PM »
Dennis.. you can never payoff a car racing, however when you own a car, you kinda want to race where you can fund your weekly expenses.. (tires on asphalt).Supers that are on the contingent deals can almost pay their tire bill for just starting the race.Because of this and some great rule changes they plan on having close to 30 cars weekly.Its sorta like the Tri Track Series,the non qualifiers just about make their tire money back for not even making the feature and that’s probably why they have an abundance of mods at their shows.You will never pay any race car off,but a car owner will try different places to cut their weekly costs.Also there will be a few guys in Jody’s race that will figure out the outside groove,and these guys will drive around slower cars on the bottom.I wish my pal David Catalano would stick brother Buck in one of his street stocks... He’d win!!

heavychevy

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 09:56:50 AM »
5:14 or 5:29 for a gear

Chriszak7

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2018, 11:16:34 AM »
Some people just will never understand. Oswego is hallowed ground to racers. Just walking it the place is awe inspiring. To win a race there means you have taken on the nest of the best and will never forget it. It's bragging rights for the rest of your life. It's neutral ground for everyone. No excuses. Bring you A game. It's the big show. Whelen tour, Isma it's a must be there weekend. Sailing down that back stretch with your foot buried to the floorboard for what seems like 10 seconds. You send it into turn 3 so deep it's unlogical. Scott Brady gave me the best advice ever there. "Going into 3...when you think you should lift, count to 3 then lift". That was 2001. The year Me and my team won the Late model Roc. It's going to be a great event.

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2018, 11:42:46 AM »
Well said Chris. I agree with everything you said down to the last detail. Winning a single race there in 2007 as a car owner was the best day of my life, the culmination of a dream.....

Congratulations to Jody on a great move. Any racer would be honored to win there and I'm sure your dad would be proud....... Like George Jefferson's theme song......"Movin' on up".......
2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2018, 12:04:13 PM »
For those complaining about the lack of passing:.......Oswego has been experimenting with laying traction compound down in the outside lane. I attended the WMT race there last year and it was the best modified race I have seen there in a decade. Had plenty of passing, crossover moves, everything you could ever want in and asphalt race.....And of course, speed.

If they had used this when the ROC mods were there, we would probably still be there. Love to see the ROC mods make a return someday......kt
2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...