Author Topic: Billy Maynard to climb in for one more start??  (Read 1990 times)

wildthing69

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Billy Maynard to climb in for one more start??
« on: July 23, 2018, 04:14:58 PM »
Billy Maynard, my father, has announced he will come out of retirement for ONE more race to make his 300th career start this upcoming Saturday at Five Mile Point Speedway, July 28th! He will climb in the JAM Motorsports FWD 4 Cylinder as my teammate to complete this goal!

chief57

• Champion
  • NO Weasels
    • View Profile
Re: Billy Maynard to climb in for one more start??
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 11:55:05 AM »
its been a few years but i am guessing he will re-adapt quickly. 8)
You can't buy intelligence, but I can give it away.

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 10:11:57 PM »
I believe the real question is, "Will he fit?"
2021 Next: Bubba Raceway, Volusia Speedway, New Smyrna Speedway.

chief57

• Champion
  • NO Weasels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 08:46:54 AM »
fit? the firesuit or the car? i am guessing he will fit as i have kept his old firesuit stretched out for him. i also build big boy cars because i is one.
after a few hours of this setting in i got to thinking. with the rain stopping victory lane celebrations after jake won last week, we have that to look forward to this week. the rain created a chance to prepare. something uncommon on a normal race night.
with billy being on hand and an almost certain photo op i thought we should make good of the chance. i mean in 30 years of racing we haven't had this happen before. i am giving all billy, jake and the whole maynard racing family fan club a heads up. i am bringing a photo of one of billys street stock wins at the point along. it is a group shot. 20x30, with a few kids in it with him. we have contacted who we could in the pic and asked them to attend this week and bring their "little ones" to be in jakes pic with jake and billy.
kind of a generational type celebration of sorts.
this is bound to be an overnighter so bring your camper, tent or favorite lawn chair and tarp. someone mentioned something about dd"s and i told them there would probably be some but i doubt you will see them.

get to the point if you got it!

oh yeah, and go billy! 8)

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 07:15:29 AM »
We used to camp at the old Shangri-La/Tioga and the Maynards definitely know how to party into the wee hours.We would always try to say hello to Dawn Dippel and everyone else .The cars of Duane Manzer and I think Derrick Tarbox usedto drive right through the camp grounds,boy I miss those days .What a shame it all had to end.

chief57

• Champion
  • NO Weasels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 04:03:32 PM »
it hasn't ended. we just got to the point. same gang plus or minus a few. dawns there taking pics weekly.

chief57

• Champion
  • NO Weasels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 08:19:27 AM »
update: 300th start plans fell as fast as the fuel pressure did in the heat. no feature start recorded so we will give it a shot another day. :(