Author Topic: There is a brand new sign out Front of Spencer Speedway?  (Read 2341 times)

Orange18

• Veteran
    • View Profile
There is a brand new sign out Front of Spencer Speedway?
« on: March 06, 2019, 01:17:53 PM »
Is this a positive sign for this up and coming season? I thought Spencer was done. There is a 315 phone #???

HJ Motorsports

• View Profile
Re: There is a brand new sign out Front of Spencer Speedway?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 03:13:29 PM »
I am not sure about the sign, but it was announced this week that Spencer will have 6 circle track events in 2019. Also believe the bog and grog events are also going to take place this summer. Please take a look in the press release section for more information on the circle track events.

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 04:28:52 AM »
The new sign was put up last year by Bobby Lippa and Chris Volger  and had been made and sitting in storage  for quite some time.I think it is really great news to have 6 events this year and I will definitely support every show.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 02:58:06 PM »
The press release I believe HJ is referencing is this one about the ROC events in 2019...here:

http://www.raceny.com/smf2/index.php?topic=90572.0

However, Spencer has disabled their Facebook page....and their Twitter account has a "for sale or lease" as of January 10th. Sad to see it.

Looks like just a few special shows this year....the Leaty's did a great job with the Pop's last year, sure wish a drivers consortium would emerge to take ownership of the speedway and make it work.

Orange18

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 03:40:39 PM »
6 big shows is better than 12 lightly attended races. Hopefully the place will be packed!