Author Topic: Random Music Videos  (Read 5373 times)

Groundpounder

• Legend
  • If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!
    • View Profile
Random Music Videos
« on: July 22, 2015, 09:44:49 PM »
"Crate engines are to racing what Tofurkey is to Thanksgiving" - Karl Fredrickson
Distrust all men in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. - Friedrich Nietzsche
We are descended in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. - D. Eisenhower

Groundpounder

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Random Music Videos
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 05:49:02 AM »
"Mud" - brand new single from the Legendary Shack Shakers

! No longer available
"Crate engines are to racing what Tofurkey is to Thanksgiving" - Karl Fredrickson
Distrust all men in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. - Friedrich Nietzsche
We are descended in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. - D. Eisenhower

dan19n

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 10:14:28 AM »
thanks for some interesring music..... liked the 1st one the best.

Groundpounder

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 08:40:59 PM »
Glad you like it Dan. I'm just posting some songs I like that you won't hear on the radio (unless you visit Texas or have satellite radio).

Here's another from Robert Earl Keen - "Corpus Christi Bay"

! No longer available

Groundpounder

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 02:06:32 PM »
Here's one from Paul Thorn. "I Don't Like Half the Folks I Love" (solo acoustic version)
Video scene from the Three Stooges

! No longer available

Groundpounder

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 02:16:59 PM »
Here's another from Paul Thorn.

"What Have You Done To Lift Somebody Up"

! No longer available

Groundpounder

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 10:52:54 PM »
I guess I'm on a Paul Thorn kick today. Here's 2 more.

"I Guess I'll Just Stay Married"

! No longer available

"Joanie, the Jehovah's Witness Stripper"

! No longer available

Groundpounder

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 03:27:17 PM »
What better on a Sunday than The Band of Heathens?

"Medicine Man" (from the Sun Studio Sessions)

! No longer available

"Jackson Station" (from Austin City Limits)

! No longer available

Groundpounder

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 09:58:30 AM »
Here's one from Hayes Carll, "Another Like You".

The inspirations for the song, James Carville and Mary Matalin, appear at the end of the video.

! No longer available

Groundpounder

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 10:02:13 AM »
And here's Joe Ely doing a Robert Earl Keen song, "The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends".

! No longer available

Groundpounder

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 09:16:45 PM »
"My Kind of Music" by Ray Scott

! No longer available

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2015, 12:50:38 PM »
This is a racing forum.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvV3nn_de2k&feature=player_embedded (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

(sorry about the ^%$#!!? "commercial" at the beginning. It wasn't there when I copied the URL.....)

Groundpounder

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 08:32:40 PM »
Ok, lets change it up with a Ringo Starr hit from 1974, No-No Song.

! No longer available (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

That song was written by Hoyt Axton, who's probably most famous for writing "Joy To The World". If you ever heard Axton as a performer, you're probably familiar with this tune:

"Della And The Dealer"

Groundpounder

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 11:26:58 PM »
Country music has had cheating songs, and drinking songs since the beginning. Here's a fairly recent one (2005) that has cheating and drinking...

"I'm At Home Getting Hammered (While She's Out Getting Nailed)"

Groundpounder

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 08:29:18 PM »
Chris Wall is one of my favorites. He wrote the song "Trashy Women", made famous by Jerry Jeff Walker and then Confederate Railroad. Here are a couple of my favorites from his repertoire:

"Half of What Killed Elvis"

"Damn Good Time"