Author Topic: Welcome to the new NFL: Is flag football fever taking over?  (Read 1596 times)

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
"Bullying" in pro football--Say it isn't so!!!

From Bleacher Report:  Former Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens said team owner Jerry Jones is "being a bully" for his comments regarding players protesting police brutality and inequality by kneeling during the national anthem.

"You're basically stripping" players of their rights and their chance to participate in "a peaceful protest," Owens said, per Fox Sports Radio. "To put guys in a situation where they have to do something, that's not right. That's totally wrong."

This comes after Todd Archer of ESPN reported Jones said Cowboys players will have to stand for the anthem during the 2018 season.

Owens' comments echo those of Philadelphia Eagles defensive back Malcolm Jenkins, who also called Jones a "bully" and said he wouldn't want to play for the Cowboys, per Zack Rosenblatt of NJ.com.

Get ready for the NFFL! (National Flag Football League).  Coming soon to a neighborhood football field near you (Oh wait--there's bullying there, too!) So many people worry about what other countries think about us and our culture--Rugby players from around the globe will have a "field day"(pun intended) with this!!!(Dick Butkus:  where are you when we need you?)
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the new NFL: Is flag football fever taking over?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 11:07:25 AM »
There were a LOT of things that Eastman Kodak required me to do, if I wanted to remain an employee.....and they paid me FAR LESS than the $6-8,000,000 per year, that these guys are getting paid. If they don't want to stand in a respectful manner, while the National Anthem is being sung, there's always waiting on customers at the counter of MickeyD's, for $8.50/hour…..

With respect to the "flag football" comments, maybe the NFL is getting concerned about possible lawsuits over concussion injuries.

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
Re: Welcome to the new NFL: Is flag football fever taking over?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 09:18:18 PM »
I understand your point about concussion protocol--my "flag football sarcasm comment was about:  If the NFL allows the term "bullying" to take hold:  flag football might as well be played in its place.  I would love someone to point to the players "in the trenches" on either side of the line of scrimmage and describe them as "bullies"! LAUGHABLE...

Taking it to the extreme--the league might well be known as the NSFL (National Snowflake Football League)...
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."