Author Topic: ROC Purse at Lake Erie  (Read 7534 times)

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: ROC Purse at Lake Erie
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2019, 07:30:20 AM »
The Catalanos were at Stafford running the Whelen Mod tour,but still support the ROC series when they can .The only driver the ROC lost to dirt was Rusty Smith.Karl Hehr has retired as well as Chuck Hossfeld so yes we are losing some cars.

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2019, 09:30:29 AM »
mod point champ at ransomville 

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2019, 09:38:39 PM »
250 laps is a snooze fest and the small crowd proved that.. Paying $300 to start also proves why the NYS mod series has trouble drawing a full field of REAL mods.The New England mod series draws 30 or more cars to all their events,with talent stacked fields, and is very well promoted.The NASCAR mod series has been building the last few years as the money has increased quite a bit and it’s great seeing the local NYS guys showcasing their talent against the NASCAR stars.BTW how much money should a promotor make on a mod tire?? Is $40 too much?? Asking for a friend 😀
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

aksel

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2019, 12:08:55 PM »
Long races are a hard sell for people who've never been to a race and also keep costs high for the teams. Each time I've gone to the 200 race the weekend before was better for less $. The best ROC races on average are the shortest.

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2019, 10:05:30 PM »
Good point Aksel....but unfortunately the NYS mod series payout is terrible for the lesser lap races and the car count shows..It will only get worse as more drivers are already looking at other venues next year...and this will certainly prove itself true with other classes sanctioned by you know who...

bbbr

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2019, 06:17:37 AM »
Already 2 full timers not coming back plus one that was fairly regular.  No word of anyone going that direction.  Doesn't look good.  Can't race a touring series cost wise for weekly purse money wise. 

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2019, 08:40:28 AM »
The touring model does not work when weekly racing is non existent. time to eliminate the touring classes and focus on rebuilding the weekly. Going back to stock rules. Make racing affordable again.get Canadian influence back in WNY and CNY back again . shorten overall time at the racetracks casual fans dont want to spend 6 hrs at a track with a long drawn out intermission with 7 classes of racing with 12 cars. figure out 4 total classes and move forward. 

bbbr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2019, 12:12:40 PM »
The touring model does not work when weekly racing is non existent. time to eliminate the touring classes and focus on rebuilding the weekly. Going back to stock rules. Make racing affordable again.get Canadian influence back in WNY and CNY back again . shorten overall time at the racetracks casual fans dont want to spend 6 hrs at a track with a long drawn out intermission with 7 classes of racing with 12 cars. figure out 4 total classes and move forward.

But the touring classes can and do work elsewhere.  It's all about how its done.  No one is racing mods on a weekly basis in the new england area but the tri track series draws cars like crazy.  The formula isn't crazy complicated.  Good promoters paying a decent purse.  Obviously there is a lot more to it than that but in general they've proven a winning formula does exist. 

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2019, 09:15:48 PM »

The touring formula exist when racing is healthy.

I do like the idea of a  tri track series optional way to incorporate bonus money for the drivers and to get them out to compete.

Ill take 75 cars for 3 divisions over 90 cars for 7 divisions any day. give me 3 classes until racing gets great again

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2019, 04:59:15 AM »
I think outlaw had 300+ cars for 7 classes and lernerville ville had 269 cars  the same weekend

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2019, 03:00:19 PM »
30 mods at little Evergreen Speedway Pa today... way more than the NYS end of the year race at Lake Erie.... Well done!!