Author Topic: Terrance rules at Brockville Fall Nationals  (Read 1593 times)

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
Terrance rules at Brockville Fall Nationals
« on: October 18, 2015, 08:58:54 AM »

DIRTcar Racing PR
802-249-2850 | therzig@dirtcar.com

Terrance rules at Brockville Fall Nationals

Point leader Matt Sheppard - 5th in back-up car after four-time flip

BROCKVILLE, ON. – Saturday, Oct. 17, 2015 - Carey Terrance celebrated his 35th birthday by wheeling the St. Lawrence Radiology/ Traditional Lacrosse No. 66x to victory in the Super DIRTcar Series Fall Nationals 100 at Brockville Ontario Speedway Saturday.

Terrance started third on the grid and was running fourth behind Danny Johnson, Gary Tomkins and Jordan McCreadie at the halfway mark after many laps of close-quarter racing.

Johnson snatched the lead from Jordan McCreadie on a lap-37 restart and brought Gary Tomkins along with him while Terrance diced with Billy Decker for the fourth spot.

By lap 37, Matt Sheppard, who was forced to jump into his back-up car after a nasty four-time flip off the top of turn three in his heat race and start 29 th, had raced his way into ninth.

Terrance passed Tomkins for the lead while running on the high side on lap 72. The pair raced a few feet apart for several laps with Johnson, fast-rising Matt Sheppard and Chris Raabe in close pursuit.

“I was trying to get around some holes out there and I went all the way up to the top and found a line that worked great,” Terrance said. “The car was tight early, but it got rolling later.”

“The track was very racy,” Tomkins said. “You could pass in different places. I ran the softest tire and the thing took right off. It was a rocket ship.”

On the seventh and final restart with eight laps to go, Terrance drew away from his pursuers and won handily while Raabe mounted a late charge to finish third behind Tomkins after jousting with Johnson (4th). Sheppard rose to fifth while his closest rivals for the point lead – Brett Hearn and Billy Decker – finished 16th and eighth respectively.

The red flag was thrown twice in feature for rollovers by Ryan Arbuthnot and Billy Dunn.

Positions six and seven went to Jimmy Phelps and Mario Clair.

The Big-Block Modifieds return to action Thursday, October 22 at Brewerton Speedway for a third attempt to complete the McDonald’s 100 and then square off for the $20,000-to-win All Ways 150 Saturday, October 24 as a part of the three-day “Last Call at the Port” extravaganza at Weedsport Speedway.

Contingency sponsors are ASI, Bicknell Racing Products, Bilstein Shocks, Brodix, ButlerBuilt, Cometic Gasket, Comp Cams, Edelbrock, FX Caprara, Fox Shox, Impact Race Products, Intercomp, JE Pistons, JRI Shocks, KSE Racing Products, Mobil 1, Motorsports Safety Systems, MSD Performance, Racing Electronics, Superflow, TNT Rescue and Wrisco Aluminum.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."