Author Topic: DIRTcar officials have suspended legendary dirt late model ace Scott Bloomquist  (Read 11922 times)

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Leadfoot  there are plenty of people who drive a motor vehicle for pay that are NOT required to pee for the government.

This is a dangerous overreach by the government and is part of a slowly but surely creeping encroachment on our rights.

We citizen better soon wake the F up before they are gone.

"UM", in many cases drivers, or prospective drivers, have to pass a drug test, in order to either maintain or obtain their job. HOWEVER, it isn't necessarily government driven, rather insurance driven.

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
L4:  your response regarding insurance companies "driving" these tests (pun intended!) certainly has merit...but let's not forget about the long-running love affair both entities have had for years whose relationship negatively affects many people in their daily lives!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
L4:  your response regarding insurance companies "driving" these tests (pun intended!) certainly has merit...but let's not forget about the long-running love affair both entities have had for years whose relationship negatively affects many people in their daily lives!

All I can add is this...after retiring from "full-time" work, in 2008, I relaxed for a year, and literally did nothing more strenuous than cut my lawn. However, I was still rather young, and also felt guilty sitting home, while my wife still worked her part-time gig. I was in one of the local auto parts stores, picking up some supplies for a project, and the store manager, who I kina' knew, asked if I would consider working part-time for the store, driving a delivery truck.

I felt that a little "pocket money" wouldn't hurt, so I took the job. And in 2009, at the age of 57, I had to submit to a drug test, for the first time in my life. It was either that, or no job, and the company's regional manager told me that it was for insurance and liabilities concerns. The store didn't want any possible lawsuits stemming from an intoxicated individual being involved in a crash, while on the job.

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
Now Lucas oil series has fined bloomquist why cant he just behave and race this garbage follows him.

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
Now Lucas oil series has fined bloomquist why cant he just behave and race this garbage follows him.

I think this is a question that a lot of people ask.  But I think he gets a lot of mileage (and moolah) out of these sort of stunts.  Everytime he acts like this, it helps build his outlaw image.  Being perceived as a bad ***** worked very well for that guy in NASCAR in the #3. 

At the end of the day I don't think Bloomquist gives a crap about 500 bucks becuase that stunt probably help sell $5000 worth of Bloomer t-shirts down in Florida.  People love that stuff.  My $.02

Go Nemecheck!
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
It seems to me neither series wants him .

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
And for all the haters... Black Sunshine sets fast time at East Bay tonight 😜
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
Bloomer 4th in the feature for a 2750$ pay day. Davenport gets the win.