Author Topic: North South Shootout  (Read 5722 times)

CharlieSmith

• Rookie
    • View Profile
North South Shootout
« on: November 05, 2016, 04:07:14 PM »
Crowd looks pretty sparse down South. We went to this race back in 07 and 08 and it was standing room only. What happened? Also, not too many drivers from the NY/PA area. Only a handful of SK mods??

Chriszak7

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: North South Shootout
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 06:09:46 PM »
Miss the Charles Keply days. Miss my western NY friends and hanging at quaker steak after the races. Miss day trips and golf with the Coyle clan and announcing the show at night. Ahhh the memories!

frontstretch

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 08:17:38 PM »
Even the Quaker Steak is no longer there. Called Hot Shots now and if they don't get their act together they will be gone too.

realit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 09:54:16 PM »
don't eat at hotshots, got food poisoning last week when down for the world finals

canadianfan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 04:45:24 PM »
Charlie-back then, was it the same weekend as the World finals at the Charlotte dirt track?????? Just wonder if the fans there are strapped for money with the dirt track having a second show a few weeks ago for dirt's junior classes
Mike Lindsay-Burlington Ontario
so far-Delaware 1, Jukasa 4, Sunset 2, Flamboro 7, Ohsweken 4, Merrittville 4, Ransomville 1, Genesee 1, Volusia Speedway Park 1

CharlieSmith

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 05:01:25 PM »
Charlie-back then, was it the same weekend as the World finals at the Charlotte dirt track?????? Just wonder if the fans there are strapped for money with the dirt track having a second show a few weeks ago for dirt's junior classes

I think it was within a week or two. There were a lot more cars back then also. This year Tour Mods (25) and PASS Late Models (28) had decent car counts, but other divisions struggled. 7 street stocks, 7 SK Mods, 14 4 bangers, 9 limited late models.

canadianfan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 06:25:36 PM »
I remember attending the dirt track world finals back when the mods had yet to be added. Stayed up in Kannapolis. And the paved track ran the same weekend giving fans an option of attending both-one night dirt-one night pavement. I remember talking to mod ace Earl Paules at Breakfast in the hotel. I just have a feeling as the fan base ages, a lot of folks are raced out by this time of year and maybe tracks like Concord are relying too much on Northern travellers than their local fan base
Mike Lindsay-Burlington Ontario
so far-Delaware 1, Jukasa 4, Sunset 2, Flamboro 7, Ohsweken 4, Merrittville 4, Ransomville 1, Genesee 1, Volusia Speedway Park 1

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 07:09:23 AM »
Anyone have any results?

Mayhem Racing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 08:45:23 AM »
Anyone have any results?

i believe andy s won and hirschman 2nd.
Mayhem Racing
mayhem_racing@yahoo.com
www.teammayhem14.com

Modules

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 09:49:58 AM »
We used to go to the North South Shootout when it ran the same weekend as the World finals. We went over to the dirt track on a Friday just to see what it was all about and ended up purchasing Saturday tickets. As soon as the Mod race was over at Concord we drove over to the dirt track and watched the world finals.  We decided then that the better deal and better racing was at the dirt track. This past World finals made our 9th year going and we already renewed our tickets for next year.  Asphalt has missed the boat on how to promote something like this. 

Hoosierfan22

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 10:35:52 AM »
The Late Model race was over with by 3:00 PM and the Modifed portion ended at 5:30.   I'm pretty sure the dirt track hadn't even started practice at those times the previous Saturday.  It would be nice to see the North South Shootout promoters try something. 

14th Annual John Blewett III North South Shootout Unofficial Results:

Pos   #   Driver
1   11   Andy   Seuss
2   60   Matt   Hirschman
3   99   Richard   Savary
4   29   Jon McKennedy
5   00   Jeff   Fultz
6   28   George   Brunnhoelzl III
7   76   Jimmy   Blewett
8   4   Jason Myers
9   22H   Chuck   Hossfeld
10   66   Tyler Truex
11   15   Jeremy   Gerstner
12   74   Bobby   Measmer Jr
13   77   Gary   Putnam
14   22   Kyle   Bonsignore
15   24   Andrew   Krause
16   13   Steve Masse
17   19   Brandon   Ward
18   75   Ronnie Sounders
19   6   Woody Pitkat
20   1   Burt Myers
21   39   Calvin Carroll
22   0   John Sutton
23   17   Clay Rogers
24   79   James Civali
25   97   Bryan Dauzat

staggerlee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 02:13:37 PM »
I was there in "07" did the dirt thing on Friday then Concord on Saturday. That was the year they had the east vs west Supermodifieds.

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 03:07:56 PM »
Thank you!! That's a pretty stout field of mods.