Author Topic: Freedom Raceway  (Read 2360 times)

canadianfan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Freedom Raceway
« on: November 12, 2018, 09:47:26 PM »
I was catching up with AARN online (the post office in Canada is on rotating strikes) and was surprised to see Freedom is dropping the mods and going with super late models as the top class in 2019. Honestly I'm not sure there are enough of them around to support three nights a week racing. I think this is the third top divison change there in four seasons. Yours thoughts gang???
ps-they seemed to have based the change on the good crowds they get for ULMS tour shows-not sure that is a good barometer of how they will draw weekly. The AARN article seemed to indicate the track might not run every week during the season.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 10:10:04 PM by canadianfan »
Mike Lindsay-Burlington Ontario
so far-Delaware 1, Jukasa 4, Sunset 2, Flamboro 7, Ohsweken 4, Merrittville 4, Ransomville 1, Genesee 1, Volusia Speedway Park 1

matt_s86

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Freedom Raceway
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 08:31:54 AM »
9 races.  Super Lates, DIRTcar Sportsman, Pure/Street Stocks, and Mini Stocks for 8 of them plus 3rd annual "Big Dog Saturday" in September.

The address for the track is in NY, but we're in the wrong area to draw modified fans.  The modifieds did put on some awesome racing at Freedom too, but it didn't seem to matter in the grandstands.  They want late models.

rsk1139

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 09:58:14 AM »
With Freedom not running Modifieds should help the Ransomville Speedway Modified car count.

matt_s86

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 12:31:12 PM »
With Freedom not running Modifieds should help the Ransomville Speedway Modified car count.
Not really.  Different crowd.

canadianfan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 05:32:46 PM »
Ransomville might pick up the occasional appearance of Andy J (in the Bad Banana) and the Emerling mod.  Matt Williamson has already indicated he will be driving for the Cocco team that Scott Kerwin previously drove at Ransomville. Balance of the mods at Freedom seemed to be Woodhull guys
Mike Lindsay-Burlington Ontario
so far-Delaware 1, Jukasa 4, Sunset 2, Flamboro 7, Ohsweken 4, Merrittville 4, Ransomville 1, Genesee 1, Volusia Speedway Park 1

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 04:08:21 PM »
I really liked the mods but the superlates just pack the place cant wait for this season .

harris9cat

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 11:01:38 AM »
EMOD OR PRO MODS. please.they go really well with the late models

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 04:14:21 PM »
Bobs a good promotor,fellow racer, and looks like he’s not afraid to make changes..I think he reads Race NY..I see good things to come from Freedom Speedway..👍
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”