Author Topic: Another winter bordum breaker...In-car from final point race Woodhull 2017  (Read 813 times)

Claychamp123

• Champion
    • View Profile
We went into this last point race tied in the Championship standing with Stevie Hartman III #15. Whoever beat the other would be crowned track Champion. If you watch closely you will see I barely survived three different incidents, a first turn pile-up, launching over the right front on another car in turn four and a wild front stretch tangle. In all three I was on the brakes so hard that I locked therear wheels and shut the engine down which you can see from the red light on my dash. If you've ever been in that situation you have to realize at a low corner speed track like Woodhull the likelyhood of your engine refiring when you get off the brakes is pretty low as the engine will be loaded up. Mine refired every time and because Hartman had when to the pits to get body work pulled off his tire I was able to beat him by one position.

https://youtu.be/N9ekqkZRYjom

Claychamp123

• Champion
    • View Profile
To answer a couple inquiries I got viva Facebook. Yes indeed this is the race after which our engine was impounded and taken to the dyno due to protest from the #15 car. It was dyno'd and was 347 HP. The spec is 355 HP and I understand DIRT CAR allows you up into the 370 plus range without considering it illegal. This engine is still our current back-up but we sold our 2018 engine and are at the mercy of the "Good Luck Horsepower" Engine God's with our new engine in 2019. BTW please check out Dale Welty Racing  on Facebook for updates through-out the season.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Champion
    • View Profile
Great, thanks Dale! Beats shoveling snow for sure!  ;)