Author Topic: any1 going to the lucas oil late model race at uitca rome the 29th  (Read 8433 times)

justinbjohnson71

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • www,myspace.com/justinjohnson_9
Re: any1 going to the lucas oil late model race at uitca rome the 29th
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 11:04:14 PM »
hey jay can u send all  josh rochards [ics to me in my e mail justinjohnson_9@yahoo.com ?
drive it like u stole it

Titus9Racing

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • Titus 9 Motorsports
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 11:40:01 PM »
Justin when he uploads them, he'll post the website you can go to, to see all the pictures.
Titus 9 Racing

JayFish

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 02:21:04 AM »
Quick pics are up from the Lucas Oil Latemodel show, Richards was in the 25 car, I will post a ton more when my eyes pop back into my head at some point tomorrow. Have a great day...

Link to photo's, check back for more....
http://www.dougsdirtdiary.com/gallery/show/thumbs/1065/1/J%20Fish%20Utica%20Rome%20Speedway%207-30-09/

For full results, go to
www.uticaromespeedway.com

All the best,

Jay Fish
Best Regards,

Jay Fish
Race Pro Weekly - Doug's Dirt Diary
Dirt Modified Magazine - The Syracuse Post Standard
(315)481-4175 Mobile

JayFish

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 02:22:14 AM »
Hey titusracing9, your profile pic is SWEEEEEETTTTT, Have a great day...

Fish
Best Regards,

Jay Fish
Race Pro Weekly - Doug's Dirt Diary
Dirt Modified Magazine - The Syracuse Post Standard
(315)481-4175 Mobile

runtheline

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 02:48:16 AM »
Great Racing action, made the trip up. Although I really dont understand in the BRP Series when someone takes out a couple cars, and creates a wreck behind them, gains 3 positions and isnt sent to the rear for causing a blantant caution. I suppose its Garys show and he'll run it any screwed up he can. The show was the same he did at Woodhull on memorial day. A complete joke!

Lucas Oils did a pretty good job. I thought for a while that Pearson Jr was going to win it, didnt think Cook was going to grasp the win. Great racing Lucas Oil Lates!

woodhullfan39

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 05:05:22 AM »
Great night of racing.. was able to get some photos.

Some of Robert Symonds photos from Utica Rome

dirtinmybeer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 07:46:59 AM »
Great photos Rob!   Sorry I missed the Lucas Oil race, sounds like the BRP feature was carbon copy of all the others, crash fest!
Racing is Life!

flash

• View Profile
    • Mojo Photos
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2009, 09:00:48 AM »
The Lucus Oil late models were a blast to shoot!  Thanks to Barb Clark and Rich Post for making me feel more than welcome to be there.   Also great to see Jay and Rob.  Nice pics guys!  We'll have ours up somtime soon.
Drive it like you stole it.

kartracer2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2009, 12:29:03 PM »
Rob, nice photos.

Groundpounder

• Legend
  • If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2009, 12:54:54 PM »
Well, my 1st ever dirt late model race was the WoO show at Canandaigua.  After that stinker, I didn't really care to see them again.  But with the rainout Wednesday, the timing worked out for us to give them another shot.  I'm so glad we did.  The Lucas Oil series put on a much better show than the WoO did.  If I have another chance to see a Lucas race I surely will.  I'll probably pass on the WoO series though.

As for the BRP race, they sure got off to a slow start with a few early cautions, but once they got going there was some really good racing.  The epic battle for the lead between the 97 & 4 was especially good.  As for the wrecks, I didn't see how most of them started, but I do know that a lot of drivers in both series seemed to have issues with the inside berm in turns 1 & 2.  That to me seemed to cause quite a few of the cautions.
"Crate engines are to racing what Tofurkey is to Thanksgiving" - Karl Fredrickson
Distrust all men in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. - Friedrich Nietzsche
We are descended in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. - D. Eisenhower

woodhullfan39

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 12:58:38 PM »
Thanks dirtinmyrear, flash, and kartracer2.

Flash, it was good to see you there too, been a while.

Jay, good photos! I would've had them up about the same time as you if I didnt have to travel 3 hrs away. lol Great to see ya man.

Thanks to Dougs Dirt Diary for everything and thanks to Barb Clark as well.

kartracer2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2009, 01:15:21 PM »
Well, my 1st ever dirt late model race was the WoO show at Canandaigua.  After that stinker, I didn't really care to see them again.  But with the rainout Wednesday, the timing worked out for us to give them another shot.  I'm so glad we did.  The Lucas Oil series put on a much better show than the WoO did.  If I have another chance to see a Lucas race I surely will.  I'll probably pass on the WoO series though.

As for the BRP race, they sure got off to a slow start with a few early cautions, but once they got going there was some really good racing.  The epic battle for the lead between the 97 & 4 was especially good.  As for the wrecks, I didn't see how most of them started, but I do know that a lot of drivers in both series seemed to have issues with the inside berm in turns 1 & 2.  That to me seemed to cause quite a few of the cautions.

It was impressive watching John Waters come from his 21st starting spot and finish 4th. He was flying!