Author Topic: An IMCA type of modified class....  (Read 19399 times)

imca77

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: An IMCA type of modified class....
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2014, 06:28:45 PM »
one thing to look at with a street stock is it weighs a lot more than an imca mod.,which would also help in getting some bite. I don't think the quick change is a bad idea,and you can find them at swap meets reasonable out of a pavement car, problem is right now you cant run a wide 5 hub. I don't think the tire change is the answer, as far as a 2 bbl, I know that carmen vona ran a 2 bbl with a lot of success.   

14Ward

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2014, 12:00:40 PM »
Just a quick tidbit, I love the fact of the imca tire.  I puts us on level ground.  If any rule was to change I would hope the tire would stay the same.  There are reason lots of us run imca and that the affordability of it. 

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2014, 05:54:47 PM »
Not to sidetrack the thread, but back when Dad was running his Street Stock in the late 70's on asphalt, they had to run a street D.O.T. tire. I remember him buying a bunch of brand new B.F. Goodrich Belted T/A's, and giving them to a friend who's wife had a Big Block Chevelle, and a very heavy right foot. She would burn 2/3 of the tread off, then give them back to Dad for the race car.  ;D

True true.  I did the same when I crewed on the Billy Seamon 25 Street.  The owner had a couple of crew guys put on new BF's and "have at it". I'll bet

some of the back roads in Madison Co. still have some black down from my ElCamino SS.  Tire smoke and noise on someone eles dime......Was lovin' that.  ;D ;D
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

imca77

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2014, 10:21:05 PM »
hey mike,did you work with billy when he won at Oswego?

Willie41

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2014, 11:57:34 PM »
Hey Uticamike, was that you spinning your tires out in front of our house when I was a kid? lol

no74falcon

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2014, 10:09:49 AM »
Just a quick tidbit, I love the fact of the imca tire.  I puts us on level ground.  If any rule was to change I would hope the tire would stay the same.  There are reason lots of us run imca and that the affordability of it.

THAT is what I wanted to hear from an IMCA guy!
Allen Clark
Erieville, N.Y.
In God We Trust

BMR69

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2014, 01:29:17 PM »
I'm with 14ward.  I have no issue with the current rules or tire.  Really puts the driver into the equation, and the setup guy.  I've seen a ton of really good IMCA races the last 2 years.... sometimes, yes, there are a lot of cautions.... but I've seen that in EVERY division from time to time.  Only change I would like to see is more checked, more often, and equal enforcement of penalties.  That last one isn't really much a problem (where tech is concerned), because not much gets checked (and that is my point).  This all falls on the tracks though, not IMCA.

As I said before, I honestly don't feel it's a lack of effort or intent on the part of the tracks or their personnel (95% of the time anyway, there are exceptions), but rather a matter of a lack of manpower.