Author Topic: Asphalt Late Models  (Read 11305 times)

first

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Asphalt Late Models
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2016, 12:09:11 PM »
If you have one tune it up and run 50L at evergreen raceway park October 15-16

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2016, 03:58:21 PM »
 How well would today's Late Models vs. today's Super Stocks match-up and why?
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

SuperModFan923

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2016, 01:55:00 PM »
so near yet so far-the APC late model series (Pro Lates) finished in Ontario last weekend at Delaware Ontario Speedway. There were 28 cars. Basically same rules as Lancaster which runs CRA rules but different rubber. APC series runs American Racers and Lancaster is Hoosier F40 left, F50 right. Maybe a way to get more cars out is try and get some of the Canadians to participate. Many are an hr and a bit away from Lancaster. Perhaps opening up the tire rules to permit A/R's would help

Surprised AR and Wyoming County International Speedway didn't reach out to have the guys race next weekend at Perry......
2017 Visited Tracks: Lancaster Speedway (5),  Ransomville Speedway (1)

canadianfan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 10:59:04 AM »
LM 9, Jeff Ruddy, ran Flamboro the night before (and finished in 4th in the yearly points) and showed the Canadian cars are compatable. He was doing ok until another driver tried a pass low and spun him out
Mike Lindsay-Burlington Ontario
so far-Delaware 1, Jukasa 4, Sunset 2, Flamboro 7, Ohsweken 4, Merrittville 4, Ransomville 1, Genesee 1, Volusia Speedway Park 1

Tioga_LM26

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2016, 05:20:28 PM »
Late Models and Super Stocks are two completely different animals. Everything is different Bodies, Chassis, Engines, Rear Ends, etc.. etc..

RPM93

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2016, 06:34:17 PM »
Roc is going to have series for LMs using CRA Basie rules package,witch Lancaster is following. Good things ahead for LMs. Thanks to ROC. This is what the class needed  is a positive leader. Get your LMs ready and support ROC LMs. 

Tioga_LM26

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2016, 09:54:15 PM »
RPM93, That is good news !! I will have to take a look a the Rules and see how the affect our cars.. Primarily Compression ours are 12:1 and our cars are Dry Sump Motors.. Beyond that I guess the only other thing I can think off of that might be different is if we can run our shocks of if we would have to replace them..

I looked at the Lancaster Rules they say no Dry Sump and no Canister Shocks which would rule out our shocks. I looked at the ROC site didn't see anything for Late Models.. Do you have any more Info ?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 10:07:59 PM by Tioga_LM26 »

RPM93

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2016, 06:49:12 PM »
Roc rules have been posted all summer CRA rules. Go to roc rule page

RPM93

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2016, 06:52:23 PM »
Go to roc rules, around page 103, All classes are on the same page.

canadianfan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2016, 11:29:31 AM »
re Ontario cars-39 Pro late models got points in the APC tour. There were also another 20 or so cars that ran bi-weekly at either Flamboro or Delaware and did not compete in the APC tour but ran the same rules. The only hold up I can see is the tires-American Racer vs CRA Hoosiers. CRA rules seem to encompass all engine variations. Scott Wylie might be able also to suggest if a Sunset/Sauble "limited late model" could be changed over to run. I know some Canucks were impressed with the purse at Lancaster (especially considering the low Cdn dollar). And perhaps, Holland could afford an APC show---guess I can dream as APC I believe is a Canadian Auto Parts co (and not international)
Mike Lindsay-Burlington Ontario
so far-Delaware 1, Jukasa 4, Sunset 2, Flamboro 7, Ohsweken 4, Merrittville 4, Ransomville 1, Genesee 1, Volusia Speedway Park 1

RPM93

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2016, 07:52:05 PM »
Contact ROC if teams are interested running LMs 2017