Author Topic: Where are They Now  (Read 270450 times)

garyt

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Where are They Now
« Reply #195 on: June 07, 2011, 09:56:52 PM »
Tom Elliott is living in N.C. and working for Jack Roush

BigFeet13

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 19, 2011, 02:22:05 PM »
I don't know what happened to him or where he is now, but it's kind of funny as I posted yesterday the picture of Jerry Knox and his Strictly Stock #55x circa 1976 on the Shangri-La Speedway profile on facebook. I believe he left asphalt racing and went dirt racing in 1977.
He ran Late models at Weedsport for a couple years, then I believe he ran DIRT mods.

FRIESENFAN

« Reply #197 on: June 21, 2011, 04:27:49 PM »
Anybody know where Ray Dalmata is? He was my favorite as a kid in the 643 car. Any photos?

BigFeet13

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2011, 11:17:49 PM »
Anybody know where Ray Dalmata is? He was my favorite as a kid in the 643 car. Any photos?

http://www.raceny.com/smf2/index.php?topic=2600.1675
and the page before.

Gertie33

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 01, 2011, 05:03:58 PM »
What ever happen to the guy that use to wear the cowboy hat, had the high boots, tuck his pants into them & drove a sprint car?
Maybe Jan Opperman as a kid (60's) I think I saw him race at Fulton or Mercer Pa ?
It is amazing how much you can accomplish when it doesn't matter who gets the credit.

oldguy

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 02, 2011, 02:42:34 AM »
That could have been Jan, Gertie33.  He raced about everywhere but cannot remember him running at Fulton.  Sadly, Jan had two vicious wrecks that brought along head injuries.  Jim and June, his parents, cared for him until his demise.

One of the best ever.  The first "long-haired hippy" to run Indianapolis.

John Flock

72beep

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 24, 2011, 01:53:52 PM »
How about Joey Tones.  #2 mustang ran at Woodhull I believe in the early 70's

s1turn43

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 18, 2011, 04:47:04 PM »
Does anyone remember Glenn Frank? I believe his number was 990 He drove at Chemung in the 60s?

bassman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 11, 2011, 10:45:17 AM »
Someone had mentioned Chuck Bruce earlier.... Did he used to drive a car owned and sponsered by Benjamins One Stop in Danby N.Y.? Just curious... The was also a fella named Wayne that drove for them as well I believe. I was just a kid when my dad would get his car serviced there and I thought that car was just the coolest thing!!

jtstockracer91

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 15, 2011, 01:57:42 PM »
Tigerpaw33, to answer some of your questions. Jay Mudra is currently running superstocks with the cochrane motorsports guys at lancaster wyoming and the roc  at oswego, Craig Orr is currently a Tech Inspector at Holland Speedway, Bob Nye has 2 kids that are racing, son shawn is an up and comer in the caseys tq midget series, and son Tim at last check was running Karts somewhere in Nc. Rich Littlefield if im not mistaken either owns or runs Classic carstar collision here in Buffalo, and Frank Booker owns the Booker Motorsports sst that is driven by Bobby Holmes at lancaster. All others mentioned not too sure of.

Now my question. What about guys i used to watch race when i was a kid that i dont see anymore like Eric Sanders past charger champion at holland, rich pocobello, rodney arndt, who used to drive the old trank 99, leighton graham that used to run the old 39 pontiac coupe in the mods at holland, Gary Scwab, Bill Matuszak, or any of the holland guys that ran in the 90's.

justmark

• Champion
    • View Profile
    • WNYRaceZone - Western New York Racing News
« Reply #205 on: November 15, 2011, 06:00:02 PM »
Gary Schwab passed away in 2007. I don't know what happened to Eric Sanders, but he never won a Holland title.
Captain History
FOAR SCORE Club Historian

"Life's too short, man"

Be kinder than necessary as everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle: Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson

rack

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 09, 2011, 03:23:42 PM »
billy matuzak is marry and making babys and zak his dad working the family bussness

dirttrackrocker

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 16, 2012, 03:55:28 PM »
Yes on the 14, Beavertown Block car,   not sure of Mr. Shaffer's car  BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAd memory

Ed Shaffer drove a few different cars. The one I associate him with was the one he ran weekly at Clinton County and Selinsgrove. It was the 7up car. Sponsored by Pepsi Bottling Co. out of Williamsport Pa.
If you're driving on the edge... You're trespassing on my property!!!!!!!

dirttrackrocker

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 16, 2012, 03:59:39 PM »
How about Joey Tones.  #2 mustang ran at Woodhull I believe in the early 70's

Wasn't his name Tombes?? And I think It was a Maverick?
If you're driving on the edge... You're trespassing on my property!!!!!!!

PEEWEE

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 16, 2012, 07:45:22 PM »