Author Topic: Mandatory Restraints  (Read 7645 times)

chief57

• Champion
  • NO Weasels
    • View Profile
Re: Mandatory Restraints
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 10:09:27 PM »
durn, i thought these were some kind of kinky christmas gifts. >:(
You can't buy intelligence, but I can give it away.

#2 Charger

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 06:54:20 AM »

You Can Do What You Like With Them John

ask0329

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 09:46:00 AM »
I think this will really hurt racing in that state. I dont know if things are different in NJ but most, 4cyl drivers in NY cannot afford a hans device. I'm sure it will trickle over a bit to other classes as well. I would fully expect lower car counts in all divisions for 2015 in NJ.

Woody42

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 05:10:34 PM »
I Believe That Ever Racer Should Have One. I Race At Chemung And I WAs In A Wreck Opening Night. I Hurt My Neck And Missed 4 Months Because Of It. This Year I Will Have A Neck Restraint System. Cost IsNt The Issue. I Cant Afford It But I Want To PLay With My  Kids And Not From A Wheelchair. I Could By A Whole Fwd Car For The Price But I Want To Be safe.
Woody Racing 42H

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 06:09:33 PM »
Mandatory restraints?  You mean like the Constitution back when we used to go buy it?    Oh...not that?
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

firemanracer17

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 11:09:41 PM »
xcel chassis also made it so all drivers in its class have to have an SFI approved head and neck restraint. I think it is a good move and all tracks/sanctioning bodies should follow suite. If you cant afford your own personal safety then you should not be racing.

todd52modified

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 06:21:02 PM »
I don't care what class your in,  you need a Hans Device....   
DID I mention I still have my suit.........

moselli

• Rookie
  • Stuff happens 2 days before the day after tomorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 12:06:18 PM »
All of the posts here are valuable. The one from Marcus Wood really got my attention.  Everyone should read his post again.

The next question, which I'm sure will draw discussion, is :  "Which Neck Safety Device should I purchase and where can I find it at the best price?"

The follow-up to this would be:  "Is it possible to do a group buy and get a better price?"

Thanks and Happy Holiday's to all,

Moselli
"God gave us family so we wouldn't have to fight with strangers."

Woody42

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 11:27:29 AM »
I ReallY Look At It Different Now. I Used To Just Use Neck Roll. I Wasn't It Hard But It Was Just Enough. Trust Me I Will HAve One. And When My Son Races He Will Have One To.
Woody Racing 42H

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 03:15:55 PM »
You're only as safe as you WANT to be!!!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

matt_s86

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 03:26:36 PM »
The Renegades of Dirt Modified Tour (big time e-mod series) has this in their rules:

"Anyone who utilizes an approved HANS safety device and/or and approved full containment seat will be given a 30# weight break at all times."

chit pants

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 04:06:05 PM »
The Renegades of Dirt Modified Tour (big time e-mod series) has this in their rules:

"Anyone who utilizes an approved HANS safety device and/or and approved full containment seat will be given a 30# weight break at all times."

and anyone who doesn't has to start each race a lap down is how it should read in their rules. It's time they're mandated everywhere. There are cheaper devices on the market than a HANS so it should be mandatory.

Joe11

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2014, 02:09:04 AM »
The Dirtbag (Dusty) crashed his 4 cylinder mustang at Chemung years ago WITHOUT a head restraint.  We then bought him one and a few years later he had his throttle hang on the front stretch again at Chemung and had a violent wreck in turns 1-2.  He was fine, albeit sore, so his mother took him to the hospital and the x rays showed the first wreck had actually broken his neck.....  I shudder when I think "what if?"  I can't stress strongly enough how important it is!
"It's better to be a 'has-been' than a 'never-was'.....  not that I am EITHER!!