Author Topic: Any results from 5mile  (Read 5749 times)

harris9cat

• Champion
    • View Profile
Any results from 5mile
« on: November 06, 2016, 08:15:44 PM »
??

purestock4

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Any results from 5mile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 08:35:25 PM »
Here are the quick results from the 2016 season finale.  The racing was outstanding again in all classes.  The final 40 laps of the Crate Sportsman went caution free.  Thank you to everyone that attended.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
RE:  November 5th race results

FIVE MILE POINT SPEEDWAY TRACK CHAMPION KYLE ROHNER WINS “THE GREAT CRATE RACE” WORTH $3,000.  DENNIS KEESLER TOPS FOUR CYLINDERS WITH $1,000 VICTORY. 
DALE WELTY STAR SERIES CRATE SPORTSMAN CHAMPION.

KIRKWOOD, NY…

GREAT CRATE RACE SPORTSMAN OFFICIAL FEATURE FINISH (66 - $3,000):  KYLE ROHNER,  Dave Marcucelli, Stacy Jackson, Ken Titus, Rocky Warner, Tommy Collins, Richard Smith, Tyler Boniface, Mike Nagel Jr., Garrett Rushlow, Andrew Smith, Frank Dorry Jr., Jimmy Zacharias, Joe Conklin, Dale Welty, Jacob Dgien, Tanner Harpell, Randy Fox, Brian Mady, J.J. Courcy, James Cornell, Jared LaBagh, Mike Austin, Carl Bittenbender, Greg McClosky. STAR Series Champion:  Dale Welty.

FWD FOUR CYLINDER OFFICIAL FEATURE FINISH (40 - $1,000):  DENNIS KEESLER, Frank Kennedy, Dave Simms, Ken Underwood, Trevor Williams, Nate Freeland, Josh Wilder, P.J. Bleau, Rick Lunn, Randy Lane, Amaziah Wright, Amanda Brigham, Clint Kadarondeck, Sheldon Whitman, Nick Kennedy, Dave Bainbridge, Klem Underwood, Bob Kress, Todd Goldstein, Travis Hayes, Ronnie Welch, Tucker Harpell, Jeremy Warren.

FIGHT NIGHT STREET STOCK OFFICIAL FEATURE FINISH (25):  EARL ZIMMER, Dan Mazzarese, Gene Sharpsteen, Jon Carpenter, Daryl Krebs, Doug Stack Jr., Ray Lindquist, Ted Morseman, Jared Dennis, Don Russell, Dan Babcock, Ryan Brockner, Dennis Cummings, Devon Baily, Walter Decker, Shawn Boynton, John Hoover, Charlie Towner, Bobby Wagner, Doug Stack Sr., Kurt Stebbins, Bobby Hall Jr., Shane Wolf, Josh Towner, Eric Chapman.   Fight Night Series Champion:  Jon Carpenter.

SLINGSHOT OFFICIAL FEATURE FINISH (20):  DALTON MAYNARD, Jim Pollard, Josh Marcus, Brian Tobey Jr., Marty Kelly III, Blaine Klinger, Mike Hill, Mekenzie Marsh, Jim Gaige. 

FACTORY STOCK OFFICIAL FEATURE FINISH (20):  RYAN BROCKNER, RANDY FOX (top DOT tire finisher), Justin Hall, Joel Murns, Randy Kelly, Jason Rinker, Charlie Towner, Jeremy Williams, Levi Fink, Cody Kershner, Josh Towner, Eric Chapman, Fred Flask. 

REAR WHEEL DRIVE FOUR CYLINDER OFFICIAL FEATURE FINISH (15):  RAY HYER, J. P. Harbst, Brian Grant.

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 07:12:45 AM »
Thanks

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 03:28:23 PM »
Yes, Tony.

It was sunny, the track was nice, the dust was manageable, and Stacy Jackson drove his ballz off in the Bicknell car to finish 3rd in the 66 lap crate race. :D

Also, you missed out on the homemade mac and cheese and pulled pork. There is NOTHING like Saturday night racing with people who have become like family. <3

ask0329

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 08:54:13 AM »
Heres a result from five mile sportsman race.

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 11:07:12 AM »
Huh. Should have gone harder.

Who's tire is that?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 11:22:06 AM by Sunny »

ask0329

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 11:24:08 AM »
34 car. finished 19th or 20th.

Gomerpyle

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 02:04:32 PM »
American Racer don't make MD 53's like they used to.
Kareem of Wheet

Claychamp123

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 01:09:57 AM »

For Immediate release:

DALE WELTY CAPTURES STAR SERIES CROWN

From my buddy DON.....

Veteran racer Dale Welty lost the battle but won the war Saturday at Five Mile Point Speedway. Welty struggled to a fifthteen place finish in the Great Crate Race at the Binghamton NY quarter mile track to gain enough points to become the ignagural STAR Series Tour champion. Early in the 66 lap event Welty's unsponsored number 123 got turned around in turn three and suffered heavy body damage but continued on without pitting and stayed on the lead lap. After the race Welty and his battered car were honored in victory lane next to event winner Kyle Rohner in front of the front stretch crowd. In his victory lane interrview Welty summed up his season, " We didn't run the best tonight but we won two and were second in two of the first four tour races so we didn't stroke our way to the Championship! I've won a number of track championships but this is my first Touring Series championship. To win this one and finish second in the Grit Racing Series Tour makes me very proud and I have to thank my car owner and brother Darrell, and our crew chief Dave Colshaw. They do 90% of the work and I just do my best to go fast and stay out of trouble." On his way to the championship Welty won three qualifiers, two features and had an average feature race finish of 4th.

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 08:43:45 AM »
I missed who drove over you, Dale. Did you see a number?

JC124

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 05:52:59 PM »
Congratulations to the Welty's,  They are a class act for sure.
Joe

Claychamp123

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 10:58:24 PM »
Kim, I think it was number 31. My fault, I was trying to hold him down as tight as possible and it was slick so he just got up on my nerf rail and then his RF tire was stuck on top of my door and it just drove me around to the right after which several cars bounced off me. All cosmetic damage. We had the hardest LR available and a three year old new A/R 50 on the RR and pretty much wore them both completely off! Lost a lap on that long green flag run....just missed the set up.

BigFeet13

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 01:45:29 AM »
Congrats Dale!!!!

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2016, 05:58:48 AM »
10-4. Congrats on the STARS win.

Mike C

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2016, 04:06:01 PM »
I think it was the 11 that went over you. Can't believe you drove away. Congrats champ.