Author Topic: you all know  (Read 951 times)

chief57

• Champion
  • NO Weasels
    • View Profile
you all know
« on: October 29, 2019, 09:11:42 PM »
how much i enjoy racing. been doing it for 34+ years. i must confess to having as much fun running in the middle as much as i have running in the front in years past.
i get the most out of watching the faces of the youngsters with the desire to get behind the wheel, i mean who knows who the next picasso will be if you don't give the young ones a brush to put to the canvas?
i am pretty proud of the 9 top nine season point tallies at the hill speedway and at the point combined with my young guns.
i will start from the hill where trevor williams earned a well deserved 3rd place in the fwd class. along with recognition for perfect attendance. fellow team members recorded 7th, 8th, and 9th in points. greg slater led the pack with owen clark in 8th and john maynard just one point behind in the 9th spot.
there were also a few stand in drivers through the season, kevin clark, dalton maynard, lou spawls, joel austin, phil clapper, zach mills and anyone i missed, sorry.
then we get to the point. randy lane led the pack as the only expert division car out of the jam shop this year. finishing fourth in points fresh off his 2018 championship season in the novice division, he is a strong contender for rookie of the year honors in the expert class.
in the novice division 14 year old young gun owen clark trudged his way to a respectable third place finish in just his first season of racing. three year veteran 17 year old ashley slater saw her career best season finally in the 4th place in season standings.
newcomer 13 year old austin slater finished a respectable seventh place behind the seasoned veteran of john maynard who recorded sixth place.
it was a season of first's and a memorable one at that. owen clark gave jam motorsports its first rollover experience and over achieved while doing so. a rollover with an end over end had the crowd gasping as the dust settled.
it was also the first time as a multiple car owner that i got to drive all of my cars at least once somewhere throughout the year.
winning the heath memorial was a memorable experience for me also.

now we await the team party and the point banquet. we are building the upcoming season plans as we await.
dawn and i would like to thank all our fans and supporters, and you to randy mosier!

the chief. 8)

You can't buy intelligence, but I can give it away.