Author Topic: upper rad. hose on BMS imca  (Read 2525 times)

01racing

• Rookie
    • View Profile
upper rad. hose on BMS imca
« on: August 01, 2012, 07:21:33 PM »
Having a hard time making a top rad. hose for my imca. motors real close to rad. cant get the right bends without kinking.. anj sug.?

SRXtripman

• Veteran
  • Mess with the Bull get the horn .
    • View Profile
Re: upper rad. hose on BMS imca
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 11:54:11 AM »
A flex hose
IMCA Modified rookie

spooker

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 12:29:21 PM »
Form a piece of stiff wire (clothes hanger) into the shape you need, line it up along the top centerline of the radiator inlet and manifold inlet, mark the ends of the outlets, and take it to an auto parts store and look over their selection of molded hoses, you'll probably find something that will work.  Or fabricate a metal tube and use short lengths of hose to connect each end. Without pics that's the best I can do!

Brian

oldmodlover

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 09:39:58 PM »
What Spooker said-- - -  Go to parts store and look thru their hoses.  Should be able to find something with a 90 and a 45 or two 90's or a 60 or something.
May even need to buy two hoses to get what you want.  99% of the time it will be 1 1/2" i.d.   I use  aluminum tubing for my straights, but steel rollbar or muffler tubing will work just as well.  REMEMBER-- make the top hose as rigid as possible.  THEY WILL SUCK SHUT  causing overheating problems ! !   Avoid hoses that have a spring just stuck inside.  It WILL end up inside your radiator! !!
  Been doing this for years on my stuff.   My '78 Chevy ramp truck hauler is done this way.  Many trips from N.C.  to WNY and PA  without a problem.

BTW--  If parts store won't let you look thru their hoses ---  find another parts store! !   They don't want your business.  Been there. Done that.