Author Topic: Jimmy Prock OUT at John Force racing  (Read 5280 times)

cupcake13z51

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Jimmy Prock OUT at John Force racing
« on: October 22, 2014, 04:55:22 PM »
Said he was leaving at the end of the season. John cut his season short and let him go today. No loyalty anymore.
Bubba Army Bubba Army Bubba Army !!!

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Jimmy Prock OUT at John Force racing
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 08:23:10 PM »
Who's Jimmy Prock?  I remember toothpick guy but never heard of Prock. Can you let us know?   
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 08:38:45 PM »
Coil!!  Please come home.
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

John_unaman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 08:57:02 PM »
That team isn't strong enough to lose Jimmy Prock, I see major problems ahead. JMO

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 09:00:29 PM »
Force is losing a lot of sponsors like Ford and Castrol next year?  Those guys are bailing but can't Force get new ones?  He's 10 times bigger than the rest of those guys. 
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

cupcake13z51

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 09:20:17 PM »
Will announce new sponsor's and other big news at the Vegas race. Talked to one of his crew guys at Reading and it looks like Castrol may also be back on a smaller scale. But he is ready to go for next year.

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 09:26:51 PM »
Will announce new sponsor's and other big news at the Vegas race. Talked to one of his crew guys at Reading and it looks like Castrol may also be back on a smaller scale. But he is ready to go for next year.

http://www.johnforceracing.com/news_show-w.cfm?id=4006/peak%C2%AE_joins_john_force_racing_as_a_major_associate_sponsor
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

fastbackss

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 11:26:23 AM »
Said he was leaving at the end of the season. John cut his season short and let him go today. No loyalty anymore.

I am not sure that I agree with the loyalty sentiment.  He has been there 16 years already.

Reading this article, with a lot of quotes from Force, http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/22/nhra-stunner-jimmy-prock-is-out-as-john-forces-crew-chief/ , I agree that Prock could have been more forthright and up-front about it.

It is nice to see John react so viscerally, which he has known for, but I cannot help but think it is a "nose to spite face" gesture...

Crushem

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 11:48:37 AM »
I think JF has done everything possible in drag racing, replacing Prock wont be a problem,,hell, he has had different crew chiefs and has still won,,no one has passion/integrity like he does. Race on JF

sabresfan70

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 04:38:41 PM »
most likely antonelli coming over from one of the other cars

cupcake13z51

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 05:48:41 PM »
Jimmy Prock to DSR

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 11:19:41 PM »
From Force's website (in happier times)--http://www.johnforceracing.com/Crews2/team053-jimmy.htm...I interviewed Prock many times during my tenure on the NHRA National Event announcing  team; even back then in the late 90s, his star was rising as one of the best CCs in the business!  There were many teams who came up against a "Prock-Rocket"; and it was probably a 50/50 split on victories vs. losses.  He wrenched for many teams during his career and was a hard interview as he was not one who sought the spotlight!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."