Author Topic: DIRTcar officials have suspended legendary dirt late model ace Scott Bloomquist  (Read 11920 times)

dan19n

• Veteran
    • View Profile
I guess I have alot of time on my hands today... the subject.. Scott Bloomquist,,, he is a professional driver, he should know he must follow the rules ... all of them.... its his choice. the race officials have their jobs spelled out to them and SHOULD follow those rules. If you don't agree with the rules work to get them changed. It all seems simple to me. Either submit and follow rules or go do something else. No doubt he has great ability,, I enjoyed watching him race,, I guess it is up to him what he wants to do.........

herm

• Veteran
    • View Profile
The answer is simple. Do you want to race or would you rather do drugs? Choose one.

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Sounds like they like hassling him for winning all the time.. maybe someone has a hard on for him... maybe it’s why he wins all the time...
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

Rp22

• View Profile

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
lively discussion! I am quite surprised at the posts in favor of drugs being ok in your system. Not that I am perfect,, I drank heavily in my early years,, but never raced while under the influence,, no doubt I had much alcohol still in my system. But as we age and learn we understand racing better, NO drugs should be in your system that means the ones I didn't mention. How can I be more clear?  Why are such people thinking its ok to match drugs with racing? I have seen the effects of alcohol and other drugs in racing, on friends families and lifestyle... it wasn't good. MY feeligs are that no drug has any place in racing,, Very sorry it does not agree with yours, your opinions are only yours and mine are only mine....drugs of any kind have no place in racing...I am very lucky to have raced most of my life,,,, motorcycles, boats (outboards and Inboards) sports cars, 600sprints, gokarts. 395sprints  and I have competed in Clay target shooting events since I was 8 yrs old. I know competition and love it,,,,, there is no room for drugs,

Excellent post!

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
I also love the lively and intellectual discussion on this topic!  Regardless of anyone's feelings of drugs vs. alcohol, it's immaterial...the sanctioning body's rule is in place.  Its validity can be debated, but it's there.  He refused to follow the rule and the penalties were handed down accordingly.  He needs to abide by them if he wants to race again!  Pretty simple concept! 
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
It’s the slow death of NASCAR as far as upstate ny is concerned which trickles down to bad management

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Ooops wrong post

Orange18

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Dan19, I respect and understand your opinion. I don't think anyone should race under the influence of anything. I just think it is total BS that someone can smoke a joint in the safety of his own home but then test positive 2 weeks later. They treat you like you were stoned before you got in the car and you are a Druggie/Burn out. That's Wrong.

roblaskowski99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Paz well put

Beersy26

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Paz is right.   What has been lost in this discussion is that bloomquist did not fail a drug test. He failed to submit to the drug test. Therefor by the rules has been suspended.  Only he knows the reason and I'm sure he knew the consequence so end of discussion.

ask0329

Paz is right.   What has been lost in this discussion is that bloomquist did not fail a drug test. He failed to submit to the drug test. Therefor by the rules has been suspended.  Only he knows the reason and I'm sure he knew the consequence so end of discussion.

beersy26 has spoken. nobody else is allowed to comment on this thread because he said so.  ::)

rsk1139

• Veteran
    • View Profile
I found this on the internet.    The effects of smoking marijuana fade quickly, but can be detected in the body for weeks and sometimes longer. Most researchers agree that urine tests for marijuana can detect the presence of the drug in the body for up to 13 days. How long it remains in the system depends on how often or how much marijuana the user has been smoking.

harris9cat

• Champion
    • View Profile
Well we all know we have one dead sprint car driver that had the ***** in his system...now this is not a fact this is just what I read......

ask0329

Well we all know we have one dead sprint car driver that had the ***** in his system...now this is not a fact this is just what I read......

The levels in his system where indicative of smoking within hours of the race per the toxicology reports. Totally different than a guy that smoked 2 weeks ago.