Author Topic: 2019 Race of Champions Asphalt Modified Schedule?  (Read 2885 times)

phredo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
2019 Race of Champions Asphalt Modified Schedule?
« on: January 22, 2019, 11:32:22 AM »
What do we know so far?  Two races at Lake Erie.  One race at Holland.  Chemung says they'll hold two events but no schedule yet.  Lancaster surely can't be counted on for anything at this point.  What's up with Spencer Speedway?  Going back to Jukasa Speedway sure would be nice.  Anything else?  One or more additional races in Pennsylvania maybe?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 12:24:56 PM by phredo »
2021 Next: Bubba Raceway, Volusia Speedway, New Smyrna Speedway.

todd52modified

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Race of Champions Asphalt Modified Schedule?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 12:12:35 PM »
Jukasa for sure for 1 race. 
DID I mention I still have my suit.........

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 07:34:34 AM »
Reading these posts just makes me shake my head in wonderment, and sort of brings a tear to my eye. 30 years ago, with 3-4 western NY tracks regularly running a modified class, plus "specials" at a couple of other tracks, an asphalt racing fan would ask him/herself, "which track SHOULD we go to, this week", and today, the same fan asks themselves, "which track CAN we go to this week"...…..

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 07:55:13 AM »
I'll attempt to reach out to John White regarding Spencer.  It is a certainty that no further tracks can be lost!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 09:33:40 PM »
no one wants tracks to go but the state of  WNY state racing is unorganized. Tracks that are still around Holland WCIS Chemung have to have the same classes

Pick 3 or 4 classes and stick with it. ie  4 cylinders Street Stocks SST and ROC Mods can tour between the tracks. Eliminate the others until racing gets better.

Id rather lose classes than more tracks.

When business is bad its time to regroup and it is for sure time to regroup.

Maybe it is time to re organize and restructure the ROC Mods as the car counts have dropped.

Hope Lancaster and Spencer open.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 09:39:50 PM by Hollandracer83 »

Chriszak7

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 09:50:58 AM »
What if the business model is bad and the people running it think it's great and keep running it the same way and if anyone steps out of line and complains they get blackballed? Asking for a friend.

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2019, 09:13:48 PM »
The plan seems to be working in New England,where the SST and Modified programs are fading fast here. Stagnat payouts and extremely high tire costs plus lack of promotion have taken toll on open wheel racing and race tracks..SST modifieds have outpriced themselves,other than WCIS the SST class is a failing mass of ten car fields.Stafford has full SK fields weekly and the purse structure is more than fair, this is why many of the nascar tour drivers stars run weekly at Stafford.Tri Track series keeps showing growth year after year,increased $$$ ,low tire costs and incentives have helped.A new Bullring bash three race,good paying series is coming to NE for 2019.Two Years ago Oswego added a bunch of money to their weekly purse and bingo full super fields plus many new cars and drivers in the works for this year,not to mention good crowds too...So yes Chris tell your friend that in my ALWAYS humble opinion the business plan in NYS is broken, thus resulting in closed Race tracks,small fields and no fans in the stands..
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 09:56:15 PM »
Also Hollandracer83 ... spot on about four classes.. nobody wants to watch four or six car heats with a ten car feature... BORING and definitely not worth the price of admission..
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”