Author Topic: 2019 ROC MODIFIED TOUR SCHEDULE  (Read 8742 times)

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 ROC MODIFIED TOUR SCHEDULE
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2019, 07:54:53 AM »
I know its winter but come on people .I can clearly see why asphalt racing in New York is heading down the drain.I have been trying to spark a discussion on the fate of this years ROC modified tour and no one cares.I have fully supported the tour for years and have spent thousands of dollars to do so.I love the ROC tour and want to see it succeed in spite of the track closings etc.

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2019, 08:18:01 AM »
While I appreciate your enthusiasm, maybe you should calm down a little bit. Imagine what your angst would be if you owned an $80,000 modified.....An obviously difficult situation with the future of multiple tracks that are up in the air. I'm sure Joe Skotnicki is doing everything possible to put together a viable schedule. Hopefully, Lancaster and/or Spencer can still be part of it........kt
2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 09:03:13 AM »
It’s a good thing there are TWO great paying Modified series races in nearby New England this year.Its nice that these modified owners won’t be left in the dark on this..
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

uticamike

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2019, 09:18:55 AM »
As Mark Twain once intoned "“The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.”

I wouldn't give up on the ROC just yet.

http://racedayct.com/2019/02/bullring-bash-modified-events-to-be-automatic-qualifiers-for-race-of-champions/
"do I look nervous?" (no) " There's your answer."

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2019, 06:14:27 PM »
IF Larry Otts' Buffalo News column regarding Lancaster is correct (and I have no doubt that Larry double and triple checks his info before submitting it for publishing), the current owner of Lancaster is interested only in selling the track--he has emphatically said that he is not interested in someone leasing the facility--which, unless a deal is made quickly--means "renting" the facility for a few races could not happen!

So, all we can hope for is a permanent solution! (My highly optimistic guess is that some private negotiating is going on, since the residents of the town of Clarence have been praying for this day to come and then, the REAL headaches might be tough to overcome!!!)  JMO
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

kozmo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2019, 04:24:07 PM »
Saturday may 18th will be the first on at chemung

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2019, 07:24:55 PM »
I see that Chemung has 2 ROC mod races and all I have to say was how hard was that to communicate.The first one is Saturday May 18th as stated by Kozmo,thank you .I guess the second one is also on a Saturday with a date to be announced.We are making progress.

pushinthecushin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2019, 07:37:46 PM »
The 2nd RoC race at Chemung will be Watkins Glen Cup weekend in August.

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2019, 10:34:37 AM »
From what I've compiled from previous releases from ROC (Joe) and solid, credible sites from around the 'net;  the ROC schedule has these dates and tracks...

May 18 – Chemung Speedrome

June 15 – Lake Erie Speedway

July 6 – Hillside

July 13 – Jukasa Motor Speedway

August 3 – Chemung Speedrome

September 26-28 – Race of Champions 250 – Lake Erie

Since I believe (my own opinion) that the Lancaster situation is still somewhat fluid--meaning negotiations may still be going on and an agreement on selling price continues to be the only stumbling block...until that is finished, one way or the other, the fate of the track will continue to be unknown.  Obviously, more information is highly desired by competitors and spectators alike!  I am also in agreement with the statement that the upcoming racing schedules were unknown until the mid-winter and spring racing"shows" (such as Syracuse and others). It's true that social media has changed the game but bellyaching and demanding schedules to be released RIGHT NOW serves  no real purpose, other than stoking rumors and misinformation.  Besides, schedules are "always tentative and subject to change".  Of course, I've also heard all kinds of rumors myself but I prefer to wait until things become official!

What good would it be if schedules would be released too early but then change rapidly?  NOBODY would be happy about that, either! So, have some patience and things will be released as soon as possible!  As soon as info comes to us, it will be posted in the PR/Results section... 
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

Crushem

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2019, 11:39:14 AM »
Well said Paz