Author Topic: Brian Vickers  (Read 3560 times)

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
Brian Vickers
« on: March 24, 2015, 08:39:32 AM »
I feel bad for the dude.  He has worse luck than Nemecheck. 

http://www.michaelwaltrip.com/news?n_id=584
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

Groundpounder

• Legend
  • If you can't Dodge it, Ram it!
    • View Profile
Re: Brian Vickers
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 03:40:04 PM »
It's not luck, he's just paying the price for putting his health in the hands of the pharmaceutical industry. But hey, they're paying him to do tv commercials, so it ain't all bad, right?
"Crate engines are to racing what Tofurkey is to Thanksgiving" - Karl Fredrickson
Distrust all men in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. - Friedrich Nietzsche
We are descended in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels -- men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. - D. Eisenhower

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 09:18:43 PM »
It's not luck, he's just paying the price for putting his health in the hands of the pharmaceutical industry. But hey, they're paying him to do tv commercials, so it ain't all bad, right?

No.  It's bad. 
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

frontstretch

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 06:08:50 AM »
What I find bad is there is more interest in what is going on with Kurt Bush than there is with Brian Vickers.

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 09:37:06 AM »
What I find bad is there is more interest in what is going on with Kurt Bush than there is with Brian Vickers.

Being that I am blood thinners myself, I have taken an interest in the BV saga since the beginning, especially the part about how these new blood thinners are working out. Warfarin Sodium (Coumadin) is the standard in blood thinning meds. I have never had a problem with it, but I do know people that despise taking it. Like most other medicine, there are side effects that effect some people more than others.

...While watching what seemed like dozens of blood thinner commercials on Sunday, I couldn't help but wonder if BV was really the right pitchman for this new drug. Vickers has now had 3 blood clots, the last two while under a doctor's care.

....Think I will stick with the Coumadin, thanks just the same...........
2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

thedoebes

• Rookie
  • Flagging on the backstretch at FMP.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 10:10:46 AM »
I also take Xarelto,been on it for a year now.I haven't had any problems but like my doctor said some people can get side affects on any medications and some of them won't even work. I have to go every 3 months to get checked out.

That's Funny, the commercial with him just came on.
Ron Doebler

94Reasons

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 11:45:27 AM »
I believe the side effects are a secondary reason for not racing. I am sure that it has more to due with the possiblity of bleeding out before he can recieve the proper medical care, if he was injured during an accident.