Author Topic: Kurt Busch  (Read 13162 times)

herm

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Kurt Busch
« on: March 22, 2015, 08:49:11 PM »
Anyone besides me think that maybe NASCAR wasn't ready yet to let Kurt win today after the recent suspension.

Gomerpyle

• Racing Genius
    • View Profile
Re: Kurt Busch
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 08:52:35 PM »
Twice
Kareem of Wheet

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 09:34:27 PM »
Had the same thought.  I don't think they like the idea of a woman beater winning a race.  Not good for business. 
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

Fred#3

• Crew Member #1 LM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 06:18:38 AM »
 NASCAR  creates fake cautions to manipulate the outcome of NASCAR races.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/572227405848309762/pu/vid/640x360/IKmir8-pdNxd4PEZ.webm
 >:(
Keep Them Safe Until They All Come Home

Michael Bonesky

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 09:25:37 AM »
Matt Kenseth was leading at the second from last caution and Kurt Busch was leading at the last caution when Kyle Larsons rear end cover was laying on the track. Not sure how this is a conspiracy against Kurt?

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 09:44:44 AM »
Matt Kenseth was leading at the second from last caution and Kurt Busch was leading at the last caution when Kyle Larsons rear end cover was laying on the track. Not sure how this is a conspiracy against Kurt?

There was one other caution you are missing. There was a phantom debris caution thrown as Kurt was coming down for the white flag, setting up the g-w-c.....They showed a small piece of something laying TOTALLY out of the groove coming off of four. He was literally yards away from taking the white.

Can't stand Kurt Busch, but what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong.

Thought I had seen it all.....................
2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

fastbackss

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 10:25:55 AM »

There was one other caution you are missing. There was a phantom debris caution thrown as Kurt was coming down for the white flag, setting up the g-w-c.....They showed a small piece of something laying TOTALLY out of the groove coming off of four. He was literally yards away from taking the white.

It is amazing to me, when they actually show the debris, where it is (in relation to the groove) and how large it is.  I wish someone would actually plot it on a chart (and in relation to two things - how close to the end of the race/how long a green flag run it has been).

I was watching the race and said the requisite "you've got to be kidding me" when the screen turned yellow indicating a caution as Busch came down for the white flag.  They supposedly showed it, but it was so quick that I missed it.

They have been "showing" the debris more often the last two years (probably from complaints like this), and often time it is a joke.  Watch racing from 20 years ago on youtube - there is "yellow flag worthy" debris on any given lap...

I also enjoyed NASCAR's statement "there had been multiple calls regarding debris" - how many were from drivers trailing!

Admin

• Administrator
  • Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 10:45:56 AM »
They made the point of showing the debris, almost like "see, there it is".  Makes ya wonder for sure...

billt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 10:57:41 AM »
herm and some others are so right...too early for nascar to have kurt win yet..

frontstretch

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 11:20:15 AM »
People kill me sometimes. How long ago was it that NASCAR should throw KB out when he wanted to knock out Jerry Punch. Now it's the other way around. I personally couldn't care less about KB. A snake doesn't change colors.

Ratzso

• Veteran
  • "My Life Coach traded me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 12:14:43 PM »
I could care less if the caution is caused by debris, eclipse of the moon, alien intervention or a good old fashion contrived conspiracy.  I’m a fan of the Green, White and Wrecker finish.  Have been ever since I saw the Chariot Race sequence in the movie Ben-Hur.

Who gives a good bowel movement who wins a France Cup race?  Not me.  These dudes and the dudette are all millionaires.  I pay my cable company good money to provide me with top notch entertainment.  I don’t want to watch a race finish where there is so much distance between the cars that you could safely walk across the track during the race.  Might as well go sit through a 0 - 0 Soccer match or watch them unload a truck at Wegmans. 

At the end of 2014, Cursing Kurt Busch’s had a net worth of 50 Million dollars.  I have a hard time feeling sorry that this Jabroni got beat in the race yesterday.  I was hoping he would go off during the interview at the end of the race but he must be taking his medication.  Maybe he’ll melt down at Martinsville….

“All man’s miseries derive from not being able to sit in a quiet room alone.”

"Today is yesterday's future"

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 12:46:41 PM »
I take issue with what my friends Larry and the Rat are implying here.

Kurt is a total ***hole. I get that. You don't feel sorry for him, I get that.

I am an ***hole too. Don't think there is much of an argument there.....lol.....When Kurt or I are entered in a race, being an ***hole should not come into play by officials calling a race......Plain and Simple.......Kurt's owner and the few sponsors he has deserve better. His owner has enormous investment, played by the rules put forth by Nascar, paid the outlandish fees required to race, and gets screwed by questionable officiating.

As bad as this call was, just imagine what goes on in the control tower at your local track.

Never in a million years did I think I would stand up for KB...... I detest him.

What is right is right and what's wrong is wrong................kt

2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

John_unaman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 01:18:21 PM »
I take issue with what my friends Larry and the Rat are implying here.

Kurt is a total ***hole. I get that. You don't feel sorry for him, I get that.

I am an ***hole too. Don't think there is much of an argument there.....lol.....When Kurt or I are entered in a race, being an ***hole should not come into play by officials calling a race......Plain and Simple.......Kurt's owner and the few sponsors he has deserve better. His owner has enormous investment, played by the rules put forth by Nascar, paid the outlandish fees required to race, and gets screwed by questionable officiating.

As bad as this call was, just imagine what goes on in the control tower at your local track.

Never in a million years did I think I would stand up for KB...... I detest him.

What is right is right and what's wrong is wrong................kt

That's why you have a lot of respect in the racing community, you are honest and sincere.... could not of said it better.

DPackman_PR

• Champion
  • Full time supporter of EVERY racetrack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 01:24:24 PM »
From the post-race conference with Mr. Race Director/Fixer/whatever else he might be to you, they outlined that the debris shown coming out of turn four was in the race groove but was hit off the racing surface by a competitor just prior to the caution coming out.  Although I have yet to see any empirical evidence proving this were the case, I just figured I would share this "fact pattern" with y'all.

Sincerely,
SHR Fan
Dakota J. Packman

Check out the all new OFFICIAL Wyoming County International Speedway Facebook page
at www.Facebook.com/TheOfficialWCIS !

And our new Official website at www.TheBullringWCIS.com !

Ratzso

• Veteran
  • "My Life Coach traded me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 01:47:52 PM »
I agree with everything that KT said about right being right.  Interestingly, NA$CAR is not in the business of being right, they are in the business of providing entertainment and there is nothing better than a last lap pass for the lead and the win to get fans to say, “WoW!”

The drivers get this and understand that debris cautions can be a human scripted part of the show and they get paid well by the fans for being part of the charade.  Brad liked it yesterday but he might not be a happy camper in a future race.  Keep in mind that the other outcome from yesterday could have been a victory by Harvick or Kurt could have won.  The fact that Kurt lost fuels the debate about the caution flag and draws attention to the sport which in itself is great for NA$CAR.  Kind of a P. T. Barnum style of marketing if you will.

If you think about it, the only truly pure sport is Professional Wrestling (Wasseling for some of you.)  Everything about it (Spoiler Alert coming up!) is fixed and fake, but we know that up front and we give Vince McMahon our money to go watch and make sure its fake.

As Big Bill France and Little Bill France used to tell the drivers who started to complain about the way the France family ran things, "Look man, I'm happy you're one of my drivers. But the day you start stinking up my show is the day I got a problem with you."

I think Kurt understands this….  50 million dollars worth...

I'm off to see if I can get Racin' Rip's autograph.....

"Today is yesterday's future"