Author Topic: Hillside Holland speedway  (Read 7815 times)

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Hillside Holland speedway
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 08:44:25 AM »
The fact that Holland is dead is a shame given its history with a whos who of racers that have competed there.Evans,Troyer,Kent Art Clark etc.If you want to see how to run a track look no further than Wyoming County.They currently have full fields of cars and every week they do a new promotional theme usually geared toward the kids which are our future fans.I have never seen a Holland booth at any race car shows but you can chat with Jim M. and his son all day long at the Wyoming booth and get a schedule and a pair of free tickets.I have attended 2 ROC mod races at Holland and it is an awesome track for side by side racing but sadly it may become just another memory that will always be Holland nit Hillside.Even Spencer speedway is doing a better job.Just my 2cents with my morning coffee.

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 09:38:00 AM »
Tracks should NEVER charge for parking,especially if the racers paid to have the pads installed..same goes with minimum fuel purchases..tracks should be ashamed that do this to their racers who are the show and their means of income..I agree,WCIS is doing a great job at getting cars and fans this year..
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 09:39:50 AM »
Oh and BTW.. if you have three or four cars in your headline division you should NOT charge admission!!!

Welshans32

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 01:11:46 PM »
Tracks should NEVER charge for parking,especially if the racers paid to have the pads installed..same goes with minimum fuel purchases..tracks should be ashamed that do this to their racers who are the show and their means of income..I agree,WCIS is doing a great job at getting cars and fans this year..
Oh and BTW.. if you have three or four cars in your headline division you should NOT charge admission!!!
plenty of tracks charge for pit pads. Hollands the only one I've been to that has electric available at all the pads.

owego26

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 04:05:16 PM »
So , did  EVERYBODY  win their  OWN  HEAT RACE  ? ? ?

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 06:22:12 PM »
Out of all the tracks I’ve been to,I’ve only seen one charge for pads,and they were all poured and paid for by the racers...in this day and age, I think this is pretty petty.. remember the racers are the show..

Rp22

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2018, 09:21:00 PM »
They need toake it easier for the guys to get to the track and what I mean by that is make the kids and women wanna go. I'll go any week but when the kid gets bored after an hour and the woman has to go to the bathroom but don't want to cuz they are so nasty it doesn't help. When I was a kid the track had amusement rides maybe not the greatest ones but they did the trick we use to pick up pop cans to return them so I could get ride tickets. They is to do the junior fan club and one lucky kid every week got to take 3 fast laps in the pace car, get a trophy and couldn't wait till the next week to see their picture in the program. They use to have power wheels race during intermission. They use to have drivers come sign autograph s and talk to kids.

Rp22

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2018, 09:25:25 PM »
They use to sell light up suckers and checkered flags.

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2018, 09:55:05 PM »
they used to have free pizza race keno for the late models and if you picked all the feature winners from 1st to 4th for the 4 divisions you could win cash.

Welshans32

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2018, 06:26:05 AM »
Out of all the tracks I’ve been to,I’ve only seen one charge for pads,and they were all poured and paid for by the racers...in this day and age, I think this is pretty petty.. remember the racers are the show..
I paid $100 for my pad for the year at Lancaster, so that's two tracks. Pretty sure I've paid for a pad a wcis before, but usually I park in the grass there. All Im saying is give the guy a chance, he gotta very late start this year cuz of legal mumbo jumbo. He doesn't control the cost of a NASCAR license and needing one is nothing new. Everyone's a little too anxious to throw stones. The other local promoters are working with him it seems, it's a work in progress.

Rp22

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2018, 05:40:53 PM »
I just wish you heard more about it. I hear nothing ever....well I lied I just seen a commerical for monster trucks. I wanna hear what upgrades are coming I don't care about horseback riding or a walk in the woods I wanna know about the racetrack cuz I just don't see much and I don't hear much good I only hear bad. And from what I seen the times I was there is nothing impressive. I hope they get it right

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2018, 08:50:49 PM »
you forgot to add the paintball course and THE POND. I agree holland needs to focus on racing

Rp22

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2018, 07:56:08 AM »
Trucks are cancelled for tonight and reschedule for Sept

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2018, 09:45:23 AM »
wow management does nothing no response on here or any social media outlets.

canuck5902

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2018, 10:32:33 PM »
They would be fools to respond on here