Author Topic: News out of Canandaigua...... DISCUSSION ONLY!  (Read 1545 times)

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
News out of Canandaigua...... DISCUSSION ONLY!
« on: September 08, 2017, 07:21:04 AM »
http://www.dirttrackdigest.com/New17/?p=11406

I attached the link to read the article about Paul Cole taking over and changing the name of the legendary race plant. This post is to get some idea of what people think, how they feel about the return to DIRTcar, having the 305's sanctioned, and what they think the future holds.

Personally, it has always been Canandaigua to me, and always will be. They can call it whatever they want. I'm excited to see what he does with the schedule, because I heard a RUMOR - THAT'S A RUMOR - that there may be a race during Fair Week. With the switch to two tracks to small block only (can't wait to see how they tech that), it could be entirely possible that we see names like Phelps, McLaughlin, Britten, Fuller back at the Land of Legends. (Honestly, it would be the only DIRTcar home track outside of Fonda and the Valley on Saturday's for guys following the Series.)

With the sportsman now sanctioned again, will that bring back some higher car counts? Same for the 305's.

And, last but most importantly, will we get a concession stand back in the pits!? ;)

Michael Bonesky

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: News out of Canandaigua...... DISCUSSION ONLY!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 12:18:59 PM »
I like all the news in the article except the name change. Everyone will still call it Canandaigua. They tried to have us call Weedsport Cayuga County Fair Speedway for 20 years, but they finally changed it back to Weedsport. I still call Outlaw Dundee.
Almost sure Phelps and Max will come to Canandaigua. They have their panties in a bunch over a questionable call at Fulton.

Sunny

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: News out of Canandaigua...... DISCUSSION ONLY!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 03:53:38 PM »
I think if those two come, we definitely get Mike Bowman back, and I bet Peter, too. A lot closer than hauling all the way past Albany. Someone suggested a 27j in the pits, but I bet he goes to Fonda. Andrew Ferguson is making plans to run Canandaigua next year right now, because he only has a big block. I wondered about Rudolph in his BB, too. He ran as often as his schedule allowed this season.