Author Topic: Trump on Sessions  (Read 3455 times)

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Trump on Sessions
« on: July 25, 2017, 05:01:29 PM »
 Any comments/opinions on Trump's view and commentary of Sessions? 
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Trump on Sessions
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 07:46:47 AM »
I'm pretty disappointed by this entire AG debacle. I was watching one of the Fox News "round table" programs, last evening, and moderator Jesse Watters said EXACTLY what I have been thinking, ever since this nonsense began. Watters said that in his opinion (and mine, too) the reason people get upset, is that Trump is a businessman who thinks in terms of profits and successes..........and expects the people around him, ESPECIALLY those whom he appoints, to be of like mind, and also to display a certain amount of loyalty to him.

Sessions was interviewed and then appointed by Trump, for the position of AG. I cannot believe that Sessions was not aware of the potential issues that would be forthcoming, but he accepted the job, nonetheless. Shortly thereafter, the first storm clouds appeared on the horizon, and Sessions jumps out the side door, by recusing himself from the investigation, which, in turn, opened the door for the "dog and pony show" that we're now seeing (and footing the bill for).

IMHO, Sessions didn't exactly stab Trump in the back, but he didn't act in a forthright manner, either. I'm NOT, in any way, shape, or form, suggesting that Sessions should condone any illegal activity. However, early on, many people said that there wasn't anything to take issue with, but by Sessions recusing himself, he created the opportunity for this debacle to gain momentum, and roll forward, undermining Trump.

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 11:54:12 AM »
Any comments/opinions on Trump's view and commentary of Sessions?
What are your comments/opinions Way?  Oh and before you ask leadfoot4 couldn't have stated it any better and hit the nail squarely on the head.

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 02:05:54 PM »
 I have mixed feelings about Sessions recusing himself so I guess I'm not sure.  What I am certain of is, Trump is dealing with this in the wrong manner.  His public vilifying of Sessions repeatedly is over the top.  Perhaps once, meh.  But to attack Sessions day after day in an effort to get him to resign is cowardly.  I tend to believe this is  about getting rid of Mueller as much as it is Sessions. 

This whole Trump - Russia thing is exhausting...I cant help but believe Trumps finances are in some way, somehow, more Russian that he wants the world to know.  Russia has played us well sorry to say.

I have no love for Sessions but he has probably done more than all the other cabinet members combined. 

Rex Tillerson (whom I like)...something about this guy suggests he didn't sign up for the chaos Trump creates and will soon depart.

Donald Trump has become a stain on the Presidency.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 03:22:12 PM by Way 2 Lo »
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

John_unaman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 09:18:34 PM »
I have mixed feelings about Sessions recusing himself so I guess I'm not sure.  What I am certain of is, Trump is dealing with this in the wrong manner.  His public vilifying of Sessions repeatedly is over the top.  Perhaps once, meh.  But to attack Sessions day after day in an effort to get him to resign is cowardly.  I tend to believe this is  about getting rid of Mueller as much as it is Sessions. 

This whole Trump - Russia thing is exhausting...I cant help but believe Trumps finances are in some way, somehow, more Russian that he wants the world to know.  Russia has played us well sorry to say.

I have no love for Sessions but he has probably done more than all the other cabinet members combined. 

Rex Tillerson (whom I like)...something about this guy suggests he didn't sign up for the chaos Trump creates and will soon depart.

The statement about the president , coming from a person who did not vote or participate in any way in the last election, I find highly offensive. Funny when your guy Obummer was putting his shoes on the historical furniture in the white house, I don't remember you saying a f##king thing, when he was bowing to the moozlims I don't remember you saying anything either, now we have a president who is trying to salvage America and respects the American way you have the ba11s to call him a stain ?  Have some real ba11s and print a retraction.

bakes

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 11:17:21 PM »

The statement about the president , coming from a person who did not vote or participate in any way in the last election, I find highly offensive. Funny when your guy Obummer was putting his shoes on the historical furniture in the white house, I don't remember you saying a f##king thing, when he was bowing to the moozlims I don't remember you saying anything either, now we have a president who is trying to salvage America and respects the American way you have the ba11s to call him a stain ?  Have some real ba11s and print a retraction.

Trump is acting like a petulant spoiled brat.  Fact.

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 07:25:12 AM »
John,

Your comment regarding my voting and criticism of Obama is incorrect,  but that is not what's important here.  What is important is your acceptance of a person who chose to speak of John McCain as he did. http://theweek.com/speedreads/567269/reminder-john-mccain-refused-early-release-from-prison-camp

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 08:44:20 AM »
Trump is acting like a petulant spoiled brat.  Fact.

I disagree. Beginning in November of 2016, the very day after Trump won the election, the "leftist liberals" began bashing him and trying to discredit him, before he even took office. THEY are the ones acting, as you put it, "petulant, spoiled brats". They did not have the mental capacity to understand that their highly flawed candidate for the highest office in America, the one who had supposedly "bought and paid for" that position, had lost the election, and their future "liberal utopia", was no longer assured.

Do I agree with everything Trump has said or done? No, but I do know that if I were in his position, I, too, would be pretty frustrated and POed at the treatment I was being given. And I, too, would most likely take some potshots at my detractors. Believe me, I truly feel that they deserve it. As "John Uniman" previously mentioned, we true patriots had to deal with the Obama "apology show" for 8 years, and as repugnant as it was, we didn't throw temper tantrums like the left is doing now. We suffered in silence, and plotted revenge......which occurred 8 months ago.

TRUMP 2020!!

Way 2 Lo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 07:35:41 AM »
 If Trump is going to fire Sessions I hope he does so soon enough for this to occur....http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/26/mo-brooks-jeff-sessions-alabama-senate-race-240994