RaceNewYork Discussion > Racing Discussion

What track is the best show

(1/2) > >>

Rp22:
I just want a few opinions on what asphalt tracks are worth going to from people who actually travel from track to track? I've only been to a few.... one track for 25 years and I think it's time for me to go elsewhere and support good racing with a quality time and price

Tigerpaw333:
I say pick a traveling series and follow them.that way you watch a class you like and get to see new tracks. Did that could of years ago with the ROC mods.

phredo:
I have been to every asphalt track in New York State.  With that said, I prefer smaller facilities with two racing grooves that provide reasonable amenities for the fans.  My favorite?  Holland Speedway.  Wyoming County (Perry) and Chemung would come next (in no particular order).  As you can see, I clearly favor  the 1/3 and 3/8 mile tracks when I travel to see modified shows.  Near the bottom would be Oswego and Spencer as both have (almost?) no second groove -- thereby making passing very difficult.

longislandmodmaniac:
How far do you want to travel?

I agree with Prhedo... Holland, Chemung, Wyoming ... short tracks and more action... However, ROC count is down this year... so not sure how many cars you'd be seeing.

Travel a little farther - http://tritrackmods.com/schedule/ - I expect over 40 cars for the first race at Seekonk, Wednesday June 28 and close to the same at the next race at Star, Saturday, July 29.

first:
If you want a good show I've been to a few good ones. Evergreen in pa, jennerstown, Lancaster, SL2 was great but then they shut down (guessing that was greed).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version