Author Topic: oldies but goodies  (Read 1818655 times)

BigFeet13

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: oldies but goodies
« Reply #1425 on: February 14, 2011, 08:14:40 PM »
Welcome BIG FEET 13. Thanks for the memories of my brother. Here's a pic I snapped as Darrell went out on the track at Syracuse in 1974. This is the Kneisel high-rail car and he qualified for the big show.  DALE

Thank you!!! Weedsport Speedway was pretty much my whole childhood. I was lucky. My dad worked all week, spent weeknights working on Mike Rizzo's supermodified, spent Saturdays in the pits at Oswego , and still took us to Weedsport almost every Sunday. As you can see, I have a vast collection of progams. If anyone needs a lookup or other info, just ask. It gives me an excuse to go through my old programs.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:21:15 PM by BigFeet13 »

bcross

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 23, 2011, 03:19:44 PM »
Dale,

When I was a kid in the stands at Fonda, Ray Sitterly drove a C-88 car. So I think you are right on the Langhorne photo.

Brent

blackjackracing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • blackjack-johnson.com
« Reply #1427 on: February 27, 2011, 08:19:04 AM »
Wee Willie Allen @ Waterloo (no photog info)
BOB JOHNSON
"Faster than a greased cheetah strapped to the front of a bullet train"
www.QUICKSKINZ.com

blackjackracing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • blackjack-johnson.com
« Reply #1428 on: February 27, 2011, 08:20:24 AM »
Mike McLaughlin of Waterloo in the Potato Wagon (no photog. info)
BOB JOHNSON
www.QUICKSKINZ.com

ModRoCmaniac

« Reply #1429 on: February 27, 2011, 08:23:53 AM »
ole Magic Shoes AWESOME !  ;D ....late 80's ? that car was a ROCKET whats the scoop on him he's still in racin right ? & is there any younger McLaughlin's in racing to be looking for ?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 08:27:02 AM by ModRoCmaniac »

blackjackracing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • blackjack-johnson.com
« Reply #1430 on: February 27, 2011, 08:28:10 AM »
Chuck Ciprich @ Rolling Wheels in the Sandman coach if I'm not mistaken.  (no photog info)
BOB JOHNSON
www.QUICKSKINZ.com

vintage44

• View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: March 02, 2011, 12:20:57 PM »
Anyone know how to 'shrink' an image to the 75KB limit? I have a bunch of pics of our cars (Wood's Auto Wrecking) that ran at 5MP in the early '60s. I tried to post but they're too big.  >:(

bakes

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: March 02, 2011, 10:44:11 PM »
ole Magic Shoes AWESOME !  ;D ....late 80's ? that car was a ROCKET whats the scoop on him he's still in racin right ? & is there any younger McLaughlin's in racing to be looking for ?

1983 in Martisnsville.  Last I heard Mike was doing some development driving for a cup or Grand National team down South, but that was a couple of years ago.   Mike was always a class act on and off the track - just a really good guy and one helluva driver.  The fact that he was able to hold off Jimmy Spencer at Oswego for the Bud Mod 200 when Jimmy had him sideways more often than not (you had to see what was left of the rear bumper on the Boehler 3 - I was a Spencer fan but even I thought that was over the top) was a testimony to his driving ability.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: March 03, 2011, 07:21:17 AM »

I just received my new issue of 'Speedway Illustrated' magazine, and Mike is mentioned in Bones Bourcier's column in the front of the magazine.

justmark

• Champion
    • View Profile
    • WNYRaceZone - Western New York Racing News
« Reply #1434 on: March 03, 2011, 09:46:49 AM »
The picture was Mike McLaughlin's 1982 ride as the "Craz" part was semi-winding as shown. It was in a straight line in 1983.
Captain History
FOAR SCORE Club Historian

"Life's too short, man"

Be kinder than necessary as everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle: Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson

ModRoCmaniac

« Reply #1435 on: March 04, 2011, 08:12:38 AM »
/\ SWEET ! /\ & thanks for the updates ~ close lol  i didnt get started till 1985...agree yes Mike was a "class act" & 1 heck ofa Wheelman Loaded w/skill sure miss the good ole daze...now i'll have to run out & grab that Speedway Illustrated issue gotta to hijack the daughters car anyway take a quick run down to the car show today or tomarrow....

rsk1139

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: March 10, 2011, 01:54:37 AM »
Claychamp123 has the Justin Bieber hair cut on the program cover.  ;D

oldguy

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: March 10, 2011, 10:56:21 AM »
RSK1139 - No, Claychamp123 had a helmet that was entirely too large.  "Hat Hair" to the extreme...   ;D

John Flock

Claychamp123

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: March 12, 2011, 10:42:57 AM »
Yeah, I think that kid stole my haircut!!! I should get some royalyies or sponsorship or something!  Speaking of Mike McLaughlin here's a very looonnnng shot I took at Syracuse one year. Sorry for the small size. Can't beleive I didn't take any other shots of this car as it was very interesting. Pic by Welty.

blackjackracing

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • blackjack-johnson.com
« Reply #1439 on: March 13, 2011, 10:12:41 AM »
VINTAGE44...I bring the photo I want to post into "PAINT" on windows. It allows you to change the image size.  On the tool bar is the word "image"..."resize" will pop up..it's just a matter of re-sizing so the picture is approx. 4x6 or so...hope that helps!
BOB JOHNSON
www.QUICKSKINZ.com