Author Topic: A dozen years ago  (Read 2847 times)

Walt171128

• View Profile
A dozen years ago
« on: June 04, 2017, 12:50:33 PM »
Tonight it will be a dozen years since my little brother the " Wild Child " Lyle Sherwood passed away at Woodhull. As per my ritual every year, this day personally will be one of the saddest days of my family's life. We miss him terribly this time of year ! Dylan, I know how close u were to Lyle and your friendship over these twelve long years has been one I will not soon forget, thank you ! And Joe Snell, call the pizza place and order your guys a pizza for Oren McIntosh and Morgan my good friend, sorry I missed u at Carroll's funeral but his death really hit home for me seeings how him and I were the only two bachelors in the family and he suffered wayyy too much.  Take care everyone !
Oldest brother of the late " Wild Child ", most exciting driver I've ever watched in my 50 + years of going to the races.

Tangletongue

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: A dozen years ago
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 11:50:05 PM »
Walt, the Wild Child will never be forgotten. The Sherwood's (and the MacIntosh's) will always hold a special place in my heart...I explained to Bobby and Vic how you are most of the reason why Scott climbed back on that flagstand after that terrible night. Sometime soon, you and I have to get together...I've put together a couple of photo albums that you really need to see. Hope all is well.

Walt171128

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 01:56:34 AM »
Yeah, hey Morgan, sorry its been a couple weeks but had some more issues with the big C again, dam stuff don't like leaving me alone, but I came on tonight to see your post and yes, we'll have to get together somewhere down your way. Are u still in Woodhull or where ? And if u like give me a ring at 814-904-0004 and if u can't get a hold of me, I'll ring ya' back, this modern technology of caller ID will let me know. And yeah, two new albums huh ? Should be fun to look at.  I dug up some of my old columns a few months ago from your program at Woodhull, still very laughable from that great writer Marty White, whose namesake passed away in '14,  and I got a whole slew of racing programs from back between '87 to the late 90's that perhaps you might like. And of course Dan Bury's fantastic pictures are still well intact. So get a hold of me, and we'll set somethin' up !
Oldest brother of the late " Wild Child ", most exciting driver I've ever watched in my 50 + years of going to the races.

Tangletongue

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 01:04:19 AM »
I get on RACENY about once a week any more...Just wanted to let you know I saw your post. Phone number recorded...Will be after the holidays now. By the way, I have the ORIGINAL Orin McIntosh letter in my album now.... figured out where it was packed away.