Karts will be returning for a full season of racing at Limerock Speedway on Friday nights in Caledonia, NY.
Friday, April 21st will be the first practice session of the year. Gates open at 4:30, practice kicks off at 6pm.
Classes ranging from a Rookie class for first year racers up through a special series for the UAS classes will be offered. The track will use the AKRA 2017 rules. Any compound Burris. Drum Clutches only. For specific rules such as class weights, pay structure, and race procedure, check out the website at limerockkarts.weebly.com. I have included some quick info below for your reference.
2017 Limerock Kart Classes.
1)Rookies - ages 5-8, Red Plate, Weight 245 - NO PREDATOR ENGINES
2) Juniors 1 - ages 8-10, Red Plate, Weight 265 - NO PREDATOR ENGINES
3) Juniors 2 - ages 10-12, Purple Plate, Weight 280 - NO PREDATOR ENGINES
4) Juniors 3 - ages 12-15, Blue Plate, Weight 300 - NO PREDATOR ENGINES
5) Sr. Lights - ages 14 and up - Weight 340 - NO PREDATOR ENGINES (payout)
6) Sr. Heavy - ages 14 and up - Weight 375 - NO PREDATOR ENGINES (payout)
7) Sr. Pro Stock Predator - ages 14 and up - Weight 350
Open Class - ages 16 and up - 4 Race Series
2017 Limerock Kart Engines Rules.
Clones - 2017 AKRA Engines Rules
Clones Jr. Classes - Rookies and Jr.1 and Jr.2 classes will run the small pipe with RLV B-91 silencer. 10" min. length 15" max. length. Jr.3 can run a big pipe if you want.
Clones Sr. Classes - Can run small or big pipe with silencer
Electric Starter - May be used in any clones class only not the predator class
Clutches - Drum Clutches only in all clones and predator classes
Predator - Everything must be stock. OEM Replacement parts, No aftermarket parts allowed. No machining of any parts allowed. The only thing you can do are the following.
1) Governor may be removed.
2) Any spark plug may be used
3) Aftermarket exhaust may be used.
4) Aftermarket air filter and adapter may be used.
5) You can change the main jet only.
6) Stock fuel tank or you can put and top plate with fuel pump on and a floor mounted gas tank.
7) Low oil sensor can be disable or taken out.
Must run pump gas
If you are not sure of the rules make sure you ask before you do anything to make sure it's legal.
Open Class - UAS Engines Rules, open tires
Tires - BURRIS ONLY any compound clones classes.
Predator class - open tires
1)Running 2 heats and a feature. Must go across the scales after both heats race then the feature. Fail to go across the scale you will be DQ. Top 3 in all classes go to Tech every week.
Bob Baker will be running the show, but I have offered to help get the word out and answer questions. Feel free to get a hold of us here, Facebook, Bobs 4 Cycle, or my cell at 585-368-8700 (call or text). I can be reached by email as well at firstname.lastname@example.org
. I work 9-5 so please excuse any delay in my response, I will try to get back to you the same day. Thanks!