Author Topic: WNY Asphalt Auto Racing  (Read 6845 times)

Fran

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: WNY Asphalt Auto Racing
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2019, 01:23:44 AM »
One of these 3 WNY pavement tracks has to forget their egos and move away from Saturday nights. 2 of these tracks have resetting Management and its time to meet and sort out this mess NOW. Yes Saturdays have been forever but look at the local dirt tracks, Friday, Saturday and Sunday Common rules or at least VERY CLOSE WITH 7 TRACKS Mini Series with home track rules where there even a slight differences. Fri Ransomville and Ohsweken, Saturday Merrittville, Genesee, Southern Ontario forerly South Buxton, Brighton and Sunday Humberstone.  YES COMMON RULES WORK as does scheduling co operation along with Mini Series for Multiple classes.

Come on WNY PAVEMENT TRACKS SMARTEN UP YOU CANT ALL RUN SATURDAYS. LETS WORK TOGETHER!!!  US OPEN brings together drivers from Many tracks. Holland and Wyoming Co each need a Signature event bringing many tracks together. As of right now, Neither NYIRP nor Holland have full schedules so work out something to BRING THIS MESS TOGETHER.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 01:31:49 AM by Fran »

DPackman_PR

• Champion
  • Full time supporter of EVERY racetrack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2019, 07:26:15 AM »
Come on WNY PAVEMENT TRACKS SMARTEN UP YOU CANT ALL RUN SATURDAYS. LETS WORK TOGETHER!!!  US OPEN brings together drivers from Many tracks. Holland and Wyoming Co each need a Signature event bringing many tracks together.

The end of season finale at WCIS (Shootout at the Bullring) last October pulled 93 cars for just 3 divisions of racing (SST - NYSS - 4 Cylinder)... from all different tracks that ran in 2019... I think that would qualify for having a signature event.
Dakota J. Packman

Check out the all new OFFICIAL Wyoming County International Speedway Facebook page
at www.Facebook.com/TheOfficialWCIS !

And our new Official website at www.TheBullringWCIS.com !

Tigerpaw333

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2019, 11:50:11 AM »
It doesn't look like either Holland or NYRP our going to run weekly anymore. Running every other weekend opposite of each other should work for car count. Or Holland moving to Friday nights because of NYRP having drag racing. But back to main point of the post WNY asphalt needs to come together with common set of rules in order to grow back up the asphalt scene in this area.
Dirt: Ransomville Speedway, Genesse Speedway Limerock
Asphalt: Lancaster  Hillside

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2019, 10:35:43 PM »
Once upon a time racing used to be simple fun and family orientated then the all mighty dollar came into the equation divided WNY racing. Track owners went to their island rules to prevent drivers from leaving to another track. In the meantime the drivers wanted to have the biggest baddest motors and elite equipment and would cheat to win and even convince their friends to run their second car aka field fillers to give them maximum points for their championship run.

Next to happen low budget teams did not like the dominance of one driver , quit because they could not compete , went to a lower division or created a brand new division so they could win. Then the crowds left, the stands became empty tracks started closing or only opening part time.
After a while noone is racing even the guys that have the loaded cars and equipment are now lawn ornaments .

This is the story of WNY racing over the past 20 years. It is dead stick a fork in it UNLESS UNLESS we all come together and figure this out

MY SUGGESTION:
TOURING CLASSES SHOULD NOT BE FOR THE 4 CYLINDER SUPER STOCKS SSTS. THEY SHOULD BE WEEKLY CLASSES. TOURING CLASSES SHOULD ONLY BE LATE MODELS AND or ROC MODS AND SHOULD MODEL IT LIKE THE APC SERIES IN CANADA with home track points.

What has to happen is WNY racing has to be built from the ground up with owners on the same page. 3 divisions until divisions are full again.  Get the millennials involved and away from their cell phones and youtube and get them turning wrenches . Bring back Canadian drivers and competition from PA. Get the SIMM Racers a car and on the track. Bring back a monthly enduro class. Get the ladies involved. MAKE EVERYTHING STOCK AGAIN. JUST MAKE IT SIMPLE IT WILL COME BACK.

BOZO6106

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2019, 07:07:06 AM »
I totally agree with Holland racer.I started attending races at Fulton in the 70s and they ran 2 classes modifieds and strickly stocks and that was it.The old circuit was Spencer on Fridays,Lancaster or Shangr-la on Saturdays,and Fulton or Utica -Rome on Sunday all under one common set of rules.Does anybody remember NEARA which stands for Northeast auto racing association.I know I am living in the past but was once done could be done again.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2019, 12:43:54 PM »
I totally agree with Holland racer.I started attending races at Fulton in the 70s and they ran 2 classes, modifieds and strickly stocks, and that was it.The old circuit was Spencer on Fridays, Lancaster or Shangra-La on Saturdays,and Fulton or Utica-Rome on Sunday, all under one common set of rules .Does anybody remember NEARA which stands for Northeast auto racing association. I know I am living in the past, but was once done, and could be done again.

I do remember NEARA, and I agree, with one distinction. The "strictly-stocks" that many of us "old timers" grew up on, would be VERY difficult to gather together, today. Detroit stopped creating "raw material" for that class, way back in the 80s, when GM phased out the Chevelle/Monte Carlo, the Olds Cutlass, and the Pontiac Le Mans, as well as Ford phasing out the LTD II.

And unless you'd be willing to allow "re-created" 80s frames (I know that at least the "front clips" are available, as they're used in the mid-west, for IMCA dirt cars), and "re-created" bodies, I doubt you could do it. Secondly, the tires that those 70s era SSs ran, the G60/15 belted tire, are also pretty rare. And if you did allow the "re-creations", I would dare to say that you'd basically be looking at an early 70s era "modified", except for maybe the engine.

But I do fully understand your point, and essentially agree with you, ESPECIALLY with respect to the scheduling of races. 3 tracks, within 125 miles of each other, all can't be racing on Saturday nights.

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2019, 09:04:10 PM »
keep it simple keep it stock.

leadfoot4

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2019, 07:54:23 AM »

OK, so you're advocating 4 and 6 cylinder, FWD cars?

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2019, 08:43:02 AM »
How bout instead of having memorial races where living friends pay the purse, do some promoting to get sponsors to add to the payouts that have been diminishing since the 80’s. Why do the New England tracks and MOD series pay more and have better fields and quality of cars? NO I don’t want to own a track 😀... On a good note GARAFALOS sausage back at the famed Oswego this year, plus a full field of supers cuz of a BIG purse increase two years ago.$$$ is the only way to fix this.
No “I’m not interested in owning a track or promoting your series 😀”

Hollandracer83

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2019, 12:17:28 PM »

OK, so you're advocating 4 and 6 cylinder, FWD cars?

im saying make it affordable and practical to race im not specifically saying any classes. 

Chriszak7

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2019, 05:03:14 PM »
I'm sure that got a phone call from the brand police!  It's actually a good play having memorial races. You get everyone else to do all the work to raise lap money and such. That way you can sign useless sponsors that don't pay anything to the racers (like new era cap). That way the guys that do show up can get yelled at and talked down to like scorned school children on why it's important to only support the r.o.m (race of memorials) and not any other modified series. Also pay $40 more for the exact same tire they run in new England for less than half the pay. At least he has the racers plastering all I've Facebook how awesome it I'd that he delivers fuel to racers garages. News flash: he profits off selling fuel and tires. That's like praising the pizza shop for delivering pizza. I don't kiss the delivery kids ***** by posting on facebook. I pay the little $hit $5 and close the door. The intimidation and corporate kiss ***** attitude will be the end all. Sorry but tour racing need a grass roots series where the traxks and the racers make money. Not for a guy that lives in Spaulding lakes. Don't like what I wrote? Kiss my *****. 607-343-7446 is my cell number.

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2019, 05:41:34 PM »
Well Chris of course I got the call.He reads here often cuz that phone ALWAYS rings shortly after I post.I always answer because he has been a friend for a long time.I told him it wasn’t about him,not always is.Same ole conversation and once again same old blame everyone else.He actually offered me a job promoting for him,hmmm I do retire in Sept. Did I mention GARAFALOS is back at Oswego 😜

oneill71mod

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2019, 05:48:48 PM »
Well ok then Chris..since you brought it up tires.Do you think making $40 or say $50 per tire off the racer is to much? Hmmm..Tires $208 x 5 @ $300 to take the green. That’s WNY

kt

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2019, 12:43:02 PM »
zzz...
2020: New Smyrna (5)...Sebring...Penn Can...Mahoning Valley(2)...Lernerville...Lake Erie (4)...Chemung...Lancaster...

Chargincharlie

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2019, 01:12:40 PM »
Had a blast at Wyoming county speedway Saturday night please check it out .