Author Topic: Good Job Paz  (Read 1753 times)

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
Good Job Paz
« on: September 10, 2019, 07:05:53 PM »
I was at The Glen on Sunday for the vintage races.  I think that was the golden voice of Paz on the mic.  Correct?  Sounded great! 
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

brandon29k

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Good Job Paz
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 07:43:40 PM »
I second that! That’s the voice I remember from my days at Watkins Glen so I guess that makes it the perfect fit for the vintage weekend!
Brandon Allen
#89 Super Six at Spencer Speedway

Ratzso

• Veteran
  • "My Life Coach traded me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 08:01:08 PM »
I was at The Glen on Sunday for the vintage races.  I think that was the golden voice of Paz on the mic.  Correct?  Sounded great!

Mr. Pissano, I think someone hijacked your account!

Better check it out...

Sincerely,

J. Langford
"Today is yesterday's future"

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
  • I'd rather be a "has been" than a "never was"
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 07:42:51 AM »

Thanks for the kind words, GP! Another great (though V-E-R-Y long weekend)...45 races in 3 days! 

Ratzso:  Thanks for the backhanded complement!  (to believe that someone else would actually go through the time and trouble to hack another individual's account to heap some praise) is highly appreciated! Thus, it is YOUR account that may have been severely compromised...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 08:12:32 AM by raceannouncer »
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 07:59:20 AM »
I second that! That’s the voice I remember from my days at Watkins Glen so I guess that makes it the perfect fit for the vintage weekend!

Thanks, Brandon--indeed, I am an old fart.  I've attended races there since 1969 (50 years) and announced there since 1995 (except for the two years when I was flat on my back recovering from the stroke.  Much to the dismay of Ratzso (and others), I'm still here and able to do what I have loved to do since 1987--getting my start at many tracks locally. 
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government powerful enough to take away everything that you have."

Ratzso

• Veteran
  • "My Life Coach traded me..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 05:15:51 PM »

Thanks for the kind words, GP! Another great (though V-E-R-Y long weekend)...45 races in 3 days! 

Ratzso:  Thanks for the backhanded complement!  (to believe that someone else would actually go through the time and trouble to hack another individual's account to heap some praise) is highly appreciated! Thus, it is YOUR account that may have been severely compromised...

Paz, I am shocked and chagrined!  I have always been a fan of yours.  Pissano, not so much.  If you had a fan club, I would sign up in a heartbeat.

When I saw that Pissano was sending out a compliment, I was immediately suspicious that his RaceNY account was compromised.  I'm still suspicious. 

Keep up the good work.

Your Friend,

J. Langford Ratzso
"Today is yesterday's future"

Goggles Pisano

• Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 06:58:44 PM »
I am withdrawing my "Ratzso for President" endorsement after that viscous attack on me and my character.   As for Paz, it was nice to hear how well you have recovered from the stroke.  I remember hearing you call in on the Bob Matthews show on 1180 as you were recovering and you could tell that there were some lingering effects from the stroke - your voice was a just a little off.  I can't imagine how difficult it was to go through that and recover.  Not anymore!  You sounded like it never happened at the Glen this weekend.    Nice job!  You are a warrior. 
Irv's Taking The Night Off.

raceannouncer

• Global Moderator
  • Racing Genius
    • View Profile
    • Raceannouncer BLOG
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 08:15:16 PM »

Paz, I am shocked and chagrined!  I have always been a fan of yours.  Pissano, not so much.  If you had a fan club, I would sign up in a heartbeat.

When I saw that Pissano was sending out a compliment, I was immediately suspicious that his RaceNY account was compromised.  I'm still suspicious. 

Keep up the good work.

Your Friend,

J. Langford Ratzso

Well, I feel like a complete dumbass, now--Once again, this exchange proves the point of why I despise using social media to communicate.  It's too easy to misunderstand, mistake or misinterpret another person's words or thoughts:  My humblest of apologies to YOU, sir!!!