Archive through March 26, 2006Kenny586125 3-26-06  9:24 pm
Archive through March 27, 2006Paperboy25 3-27-06  10:56 pm
Archive through March 29, 2006Tangletongue25 3-29-06  7:04 am
Archive through March 29, 2006Mod27ny25 3-29-06  9:22 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mod27ny
Veteran

Post Number: 112

Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have some pics of Donny also...get ahold of me. Mark
Uticamike
Veteran

Post Number: 191

Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

62a at U-R hmmmmmmm. Lets see Nick Ronca was 7 I
believe, Not Ron Fazio(Ajax Welding)yellow car
number? Boy I'm stumped. The other cars in the
pic I think are Richie (easy) Sonny and c-88 of'Ray Sitterly going down the pits. I don't
think its Millington either. Now you guys will have me thinking about this for a week.
Mod27ny
Veteran

Post Number: 113

Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The orange sedan over the roof looks like DIFF in Bob Pages 37 Chevy Sedan
Mod27ny
Veteran

Post Number: 114

Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The orange sedan over the roof looks like DIFF in the S/360... Bob Pages 37 Chevy Sedan
Mod27ny
Veteran

Post Number: 115

Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Dan.... NOT TO MUCH TIME... TO MANY GREAT MEMORYS...it's to bad the fans of today will never get to see drivers,races and race tracks you,Mike and I got to see. We were blessed to LIVE through the golden age of local auto racing. Before specialized racecars divided the fans and drivers into DIRT or ASPHALT racers with cookie cutter racecars. Drop me an E-mail sometime...It would be nice to hear from you. MARK
PS...E-MAIL ADDRESS IN PROFILE
Wackyracer
Champion

Post Number: 1047

Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As much as I love seeing these old photos please try and not post images without first getting the photographers approval and when you do post them put them at less then 72 DPI (dots per inch). It has come to my attention that copyrighted images have been posted without the copyright holders permission. Also to be fair please put the photographers name in with the story ex:photo courtesy of John Smith or if the photographer is unknown please say so. Posting images on the internet is considered PUBLISHING and you need the copyright holders permission in order to publish there work.

Thank You,

Dan Kollander
www.dankollander.photosite.com
Tom35
Winner

Post Number: 595

Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 6:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dan This has been a fun Post no one is getting hurt so please back off and enjoy like all of us a trip down memory lane has been alot of fun as you can see by all the people who have added stuff I'll bet that has been one of the hottest topic's ever and it only has one negitive hit you Tom Wiest
Woody103
Winner

Post Number: 537

Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 7:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom35,
I could not agree more!! This has been so much fun seeing old photos and in my case learning alot. I really enjoy racing history. So people keep up the awsome history threads and lets not let 1 person spoil the fun. Dave
Shamrock_3x
Winner

Post Number: 395

Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 7:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tom's right, Dan...if someone happens to post one of YOUR pics w/o permission, feel free to pitch a fit. Otherwise, MYOB & let the fun continue!
35mmracer
Rookie

Post Number: 52

Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 7:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Trivia69: Regarding the Art Bradley #37, was it Diffendorf?
Moondogspot
Rookie

Post Number: 60

Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Larry Groover is in the Art Bradley #37 Gremlin in Trivia69's photo. Probably 1975. Art bought the car from Ralph Ronk. It was a "Southern-built" modified previously a red #66.

Larry retired after the '76 season. The car was sold to Bob Gentile for Ed Conoran to drive.

Diff drove Art's Vega, which was a homebuilt car, in '77 and '78.
Paperboy
Winner

Post Number: 729

Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The No. 62 was owned and driven by Ron Shurling (sp?). He also had Sonney driving it for a time.
Orange16
Rookie

Post Number: 64

Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First, thanks to Admin for the time that went into bringing this thread back up. Your dedication to the patrons of this board is unmatched.

I can't help Paperboy with the spelling of the last name on the 62a, but I'm pretty sure that he has it right. I had Rod or Ron stuck in my head. I also think that Dick Fowler spent some time in that car.
Schoonie34
Rookie

Post Number: 66

Posted on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

trivia 69 -- your correct on the 19 sedan that wayne reynolds drove- i did some digging with my uncle. the sedan was a bill wimble car that lee osborne bought which we bought from lee and beleive it or not we had until recently the front cut down fenders that nascar made you run back then. We bought this car after building and selling a coupe to vern coyle
Bakes
Winner

Post Number: 560

Posted on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Schoonie - Was that Vern's red 1X?, or his later car? I just loved that red car. Always a favorite of my sister's when we went there as kids.

Whatever happened to the old Wimble/Osborne/Reynolds sedan, anyway?
Trivia69
Winner

Post Number: 453

Posted on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Paperboy, Thanks for the id on that #62a. I think it was Ron Sherling. I think he's a guy who had a car and maybe tried to drive himself and then thought better of it and put other people in it. I just thought that it was a neat car so I took a photo of it. Schoonie, thanks for the info. Another great period piece. Bakes, that might have been the silver blue coupe with the red numbers in a white circle. I think the red one might have been in the same time frame (1969) as the sedan in question. A big heartfelt thanks to our fearless leader Mr. Admin. for getting this thread back up and running.
Paperboy
Winner

Post Number: 732

Posted on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The more I think about it, seems like the Ron Sherling No. 62a was eventually repainted with the familiar yellow and No. 50 of Sonney Seamon. Anybody out there that can remember if I'm correct on this?
This was during the same time frame when Sonney teamed with Number6 Sr. for the major events, while driving other cars in weekly events. After that, he teamed up with Cal Smales in the mid seventies.
Fasted67
Rookie

Post Number: 47

Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 6:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think the 62a was rod sterling Sonny Seamans brother in law? Buggsy Stevens used to fly in and drive that car quit a few times.
Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1287

Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

(Ron Lincoln photo)

Can anyone tell me who this Driver is?
Number6
Winner

Post Number: 669

Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bugs Bunny?
Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1288

Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well that clears that up..........thanks Kt.LOL
Oldguy
Veteran

Post Number: 124

Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does that make the official Mickey Mouse?
Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1295

Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Whitey, the starter, would start the races down on the track. Several times, he was hit by race cars. He would shake it off and continue on. Mighty Mouse would be more appropiate for Whitey. He was inducted into the FOAR Score Hall of Fame this year.
Eddiebin83
Veteran

Post Number: 148

Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What if we returned to that fearless time when starters started races on the track and roll cage tubing was made of exhaust pipe. I'm convinced that too many paid the ultimate price for racing on the edge yet the bravado of the period remnains intoxicating to this day.
Orange18
Veteran

Post Number: 128

Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That guy in the #9 is wearing a football helmet.Look at the leather near the forehead.Those guys had B*LLS!!!! Dan, did you get beaten up alot in H.S.????
Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1296

Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doug;
I don't understand the relevance of your question.
Eddiebin83
Veteran

Post Number: 150

Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have no idea who the man in the #9 is; at first I thought there might be some writing on his helmet that would provide a clue but the more I look the more I think that looks like a Canadian flag. Someone of the Perry faithful has got to solve this riddle. Thankful to be in vintage land again: Brian Lavoie
Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1306

Posted on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 7:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Brian for the tip about the Canadian flag. This would coincide to a Canadian driver, Gino Bigelo. His cars displayed a rabbit.
Mark
Racing Genius

Post Number: 4211

Posted on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeno Begolo usually had a rabbit within the #16 on his rides.
Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1307

Posted on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I butchered the spelling on that one. Thanks Mark.
Orange18
Veteran

Post Number: 130

Posted on Sunday, April 23, 2006 - 9:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dan H. That wasnt directed to you. It was for MR Copyright.
Wackyracer
Champion

Post Number: 1121

Posted on Sunday, April 23, 2006 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doug Rohr,
Some advice....get over it already!!!!
2005 www.dankollander.photosite.com
2006 www.dankollander.com
Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1334

Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This article is from the International Motorsport News (September 11, 1964) The article had no author mentioned.

Mark
Racing Genius

Post Number: 4244

Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's a bit off: Roger Treichler was the Late Model champion that year and Merv was his cousin.
Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1335

Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Mark. To Admin and all raceny members: I can continue to post these vintage results from any WNY track. If there is interest in this, let me know.

Dan Hall
Orange18
Veteran

Post Number: 134

Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Dan,Keep them coming!!!!!
Eddiebin83
Veteran

Post Number: 169

Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wish the modern racing write ups were as informative, "Sonny Drake of Boston pushed the Kaye Special to his second B-bomb feature in as many weeks with a time of 8:30.2. Drake survived a six car pile-up in the first lap and on the restart outsped Art Clark of Orchard Park..." That stuff is great and reading it makes you want to get down to the track and check out the action first hand. Granted, there are alot of racing writers who put a lot of passion into reporting the races; it's the ones who write it out like a school lunch menu that really sap all the life out of an incredible sport. Seems like we,ve always wanted more media exposure for our sport and what do we get? The monster that is eating local short track racing - REAL RACING!!!
Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1336

Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is from the first Perry Raceway program of 1966. No author but I would guess Larry Dye who covered both Holland and Perry. Larry was also the announcer in 1966 at Perry.

Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1337

Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Spencer Speedway, August 23, 1968.

Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1338

Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

June 1969
Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1339

Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 7:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

August 16, 1968

Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1340

Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1341

Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 8:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This race program was featured on Wide World of Sports. The race took place (November 4, 1964) inside of the Rochester War Memorial.

Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1342

Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 7:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bob Hunter's camera captured the history of local short track racing. His photographs are the absolute best. He also wrote a column for the Gater. This is one of those columns from July 4, 1969.

Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1344

Posted on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

August 13, 1976 Spencer Speedway

I would have included the pic of Buck and his Chevelle in victory lane but........
Moondogspot
Rookie

Post Number: 67

Posted on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The first year of NEARA...1976. I completely forgot Sonny Seamon drove the Marion #21 Gremlin. That car had quite a few different drivers if I remember right.
Eddiebin83
Veteran

Post Number: 171

Posted on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chuck Ciprich was one I can think of.
Les
Winner

Post Number: 265

Posted on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Isn't that also the year that Sonny drove the Pat Borollo 86 at Fulton
Moondogspot
Rookie

Post Number: 68

Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 12:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I remember Sonny driving the Pat Borollo 86 at Fulton in 1975. Vega-bodied car, right? Same year he drove for Cal Smales at Shangri-la.
Mod2661
Veteran

Post Number: 241

Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 5:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The late Pete Walker drove the #21 at Shangri-La in 1976.
Les
Winner

Post Number: 266

Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 8:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sonny sure had a lot of rides but he could win in all of them.
Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1346

Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

July 2, 1976 Spencer results

Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1347

Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ray Greenan wrote a column for both Holland and Perry programs. He was also the president of ERCA. I always love reading the "Inside Groove".

Torpedotom
Champion

Post Number: 1115

Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cool to see my friend "Honest" Dave London mentioned in the Spencer articles. Dave, what was the story that night? No one knew how to tech a Ford that evening or you were just too cheap (again) to buy the cheeter parts?
Also, looking back on history, all your wins came when I wasn't helping you. LOL
"A man's got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood - Dirty Harry
Uticamike
Veteran

Post Number: 228

Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I didn't know Pete Walker (from Owego) died, when
and why?
Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1354

Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oldguy
Veteran

Post Number: 133

Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow! A blast from the past - I wrote this in a pick-up truck in Fulton's pits. We were in the truck because my hearing wasn't that good after too many race engines screaming by... I didn't go too far off the mark on this guy. Is this from the Gater? Any date on the story? Thanks, Fireball.

(Message edited by Oldguy on May 05, 2006)

Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1355

Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 6:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi John;
This is the complete story (minus the Jim Rice pic) from June 2, 1978 Gater. Nice job on the story.

Dan Hall
Number6
Winner

Post Number: 687

Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 7:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow , that IS a blast from the past. The only thing thats changed is the attitude. After 28 years the attitude seems to have gone from winning to "cynical"......lol.......kt
Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1358

Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monroe County Fairgrounds 1959

There is a pic of Starter, Jerry Earls on the front page starting the field down on the track. There was a rumor that another starter may do that this year. Hmmmmmmm.....I don't recall the name right now.
John_unaman
Winner

Post Number: 489

Posted on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 5:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fireball, the starters name was Jerry Earl, his nickname was the Golden Boy, I knew him as a personal friend, he later in life owned the Distillerey on Route 15 or Mount Hope Ave. in Rochester
Fireball
Champion

Post Number: 1361

Posted on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 7:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks John.

Results from Spencer 1971.

Lynchmobb
Veteran

Post Number: 148

Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I noticed a 'Danny Merz from Webster' in the Monroe Co. writeup. I assume he is related to Bobby, Dale, Scott??
John_unaman
Winner

Post Number: 503

Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 3:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fireball, I thought I had heard a Bobby Hudson's name mentioned last Saturday night in what used to be the "Winston" as a spotter for a front running car ( can't remember who "my old age showing" was the driver ) any information if this is the same driver who ran locally ? he would have to be 70 years old by now.
Number6
Winner

Post Number: 709

Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 7:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not the same guy John............kt
John_unaman
Winner

Post Number: 504

Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks kt.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration