Remembering Jim Wetzler Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile
RaceNewYork * We remember...... * Remembering Jim Wetzler < Previous Next >

38snoopy
Rookie

Post Number: 1

Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

1937-1998
Mark
Racing Legend

Post Number: 2133

Posted on Monday, September 17, 2007 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jim Wetzler was the 1969 Lancaster Late Model champion in his orange #38.
Let's Go Racing!

Captain History's www.NYRaceZone.com
Dragfire48
Rookie

Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jimmy was my cousin. I remember watching him as a kid. I even had a orange 38ny coat. Does anybody have a picture?
Mark
Racing Genius

Post Number: 2846

Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look in the "Oldies but goodies" thread. He and his #38 Late Model are in there.
Let's Go Racing!

Be kinder than necessary as everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.... Unknown

"I refuse to label... We're all just people made out of the same old dirt, and God didn't make any junk." Tammy Faye Messner

dirty rotten filthy stinking rich
Mark
Racing Genius

Post Number: 2847

Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jim Wetzler #38 Late Model: Lancaster, 1970
Photographer: Gordie Reinig/Turn 5 Photo

Let's Go Racing!

Be kinder than necessary as everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.... Unknown

"I refuse to label... We're all just people made out of the same old dirt, and God didn't make any junk." Tammy Faye Messner

Dragfire48
Rookie

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you
Ole_dawg
Veteran

Post Number: 122

Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For those that knew Jim Wetzler back in the day you were truly lucky to have meet one of the real fun loving "nuts"of the 60's/70's. I remember him as a hard working beer drinking drywall man that used to be the "SNOPPY" in the Lancaster Late Model track rivalry between Sonny "The Red Baron"Barron & himself. He was one of my childhood racing hero's. I remember many Sunday afternoons over at Jim & Ethel's in ground pool party's where Jim would usually act up by the end of the day. He probably didn't realize he was making an impression on us young kids but he sure was teaching us how to laugh. I also remember when he had that championship car over at my dad's garage before he broke the news to his wife Ethel. If I remember right the first car was a '57 Chevy & the championship car was a '64 Chevy that was somebody's old Winston cup car from down south. Maybe Banjo Mathews. Well, at least thats what I remember my dad telling me at the time. I was probably 12 years old at the time. Rest in Peace Jimmy. You'll always be a Childhood Hero to me.
Mark
Racing Genius

Post Number: 2889

Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jim Wetzler and Late Model #38 crew - Lancaster, 1970
Courtesy of Wetzler collection

(Message edited by Mark on February 16, 2008)
Let's Go Racing!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration