The Rocket .......Tony J...4/22/90 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile
RaceNewYork * We remember...... * The Rocket .......Tony J...4/22/90 < Previous Next >

Leftturnjohnny
Winner

Post Number: 316

Posted on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I barely got to know Tony but more of chance to watch him wheel his mod weekly at Lancaster... Can vividly remember the last Pocono Roc on the short track and Tony comes barreling out of turn 4 jumps the leftside tires of a car on the outside and completes the pass at the starter's stand .. God Speed Rocket ...
"What we have here is...failure to communicate."
Strother Martin from "Cool Hand Luke"
Mark
Racing Genius

Post Number: 4227

Posted on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yep, that Pocono R.o.C. '89 flight shot had some major air under his Modified!
They didn't call him a "One Man Fourth of July" for nothing......
It doesn't seem like it's been 16 years: WOW

Rest in Peace Rocket
#73,99
Bakes
Winner

Post Number: 569

Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tony wasn't just a fine driver, he was a party waiting to happen. Didn't get to hang out with him often enough, but wow did he know how to have fun. He had enough life in hime for three people - a shame that he left us way too early.

Hoisting a cold one for ya, Tony.
Cruzin
Rookie

Post Number: 33

Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

TONY J aka the rocket could party with the best of them and could out race everyone he was one of the best to come out of the western new york he was every bit as good as richie and if he had lived i think would have toped richies records but he did leave us with a son that can wheel a car if he just learns to listen he will be a great driver god bless you tony you are missed i will have a cold one for you
Mark
Winner

Post Number: 500

Posted on Monday, August 28, 2006 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Today would have been Tony's 46th birthday.
Let's Go Racing! It's Brian's WILD Idea.

Captain History's NYRaceZone.com!
Mark
Racing Legend

Post Number: 2016

Posted on Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 12:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tony would have turned 47 today.
Let's Go Racing!

Captain History's www.NYRaceZone.com
Mark
Racing Genius

Post Number: 3605

Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 9:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's been 18 years.
Let's Go Racing!

Captain History's www.NYRaceZone.com

I don't own RaceNY.

I won't worry my life away....

"The easiest thing to do is criticize someone, and the hardest thing in life to do is pat someone on the back for a job well done or say a simple THANK YOU."

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration