TIM OLENSKI APRIL 11,1998 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile
RaceNewYork * We remember...... * TIM OLENSKI APRIL 11,1998 < Previous Next >

Mod27ny
Veteran

Post Number: 131

Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's hard to believe it's been 8 years since Tim left us. Just a note to Pam and the kids. You all are still in our hearts and prayers.
Mark Terry
Trivia69
Winner

Post Number: 444

Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One of the nicest to ever sit in the seat of a racecar. It seems like yesterday we grew up together in the same neighborhood and got my '56 Chevy hung up in a drainage ditch in front of his house before going to Penn-Can or the final night at Thunder Mountain and everything else in between. Words can't describe that feeling. It still hurts today eight years later. Thanks for posting this Mark.
Eddiebin83
Veteran

Post Number: 122

Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Whenever I go to a car show I always compare the displays with the ones Tim and his crew did. Always imaginative, always stunning.
Green18
Rookie

Post Number: 31

Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've only been involved in racing a short time so I never met Tim. I've helped Jerry Whitmarsh prepare his Pure Stocks off and on over the past few years and every year when it is time to paint and letter the car, Tim is talked about in the garage, a fine driver and one of the good guys in and out of racing. Jerry has raced at Five Mile Point for the better part of 50 years, and when he was 63 years old he won his first Pure Stock Feature, I don't know if he was more excited about it being his first win or the fact that he won the Tim Olenski Memorial. The one thing I do know is that every year since Tim's passing 8 years ago, Jerry has made it a point that any car he races be lettered with a 5s where everyone can see it and remember Tim.
Mod27ny
Veteran

Post Number: 184

Posted on Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

10 years this Friday. Rest in peace my friend.
Mark Terry
Dirtfanny
Rookie

Post Number: 94

Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 - 8:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE IT'S BEEN 10 YEARS ALREADY... RIP

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration